PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with Gehyra or Geckolepis sp?

Lowell
09-04-2004, 02:15 PM
I've been breeding Gehyra vorax for a number of years and recently acquired some Geckolepis (as yet unidentified specie) and am always interested in comparing notes.

chuckpowell
09-10-2004, 12:03 AM
I work with G. vorex and have had a pair of the ones from Vaunatu. No breeding and I've had them for over a year now. Any suggestions? Their doing great.

Best,

Chuck

Lowell
09-28-2004, 11:07 PM
Hi Chuck,

Good to see I'm not the only one with them. I'm not familiar with the morphology of the Vanuatu G. vorax. Are they different from the Indo variety? Do they look anything like the Fijian morph with the mossy patches?

As for breeding, its a delicate game. Assuming yours are adults, they shouild either be breeding or fighting. There seems to be certain compatability issues with this specie and if they don't get along it tends to get bloody. Do you keep them together?

If you like, I've put together a caresheet for vorax that I can email to you. Maybe there's something in it you can use or something you'd like to see added.

Lowell

chuckpowell
10-15-2004, 01:46 PM
In all honesty Lowell I'm not sure exactly what the other forms of G. vorax look like. Mine max out at about 8" have no mossy patches but are pretty uniform light gray. I've been told their significantly smaller than typical vorax.

One of these days I'll take a picture and post it. Problem is those sucker are pretty fast and I need help to keep them in place... one of these days.

Best,

Chuck