PDA

View Full Version : R. leachianus question

12-05-2004, 06:14 AM
First off i'll say hello seeing as this is my first post here. I am really interested in aquiring a pair of these geckos but, I'm having quite a hard time finding any. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I also havea few questions. I am not new to keeping geckos but I have never had any caledonians I was facinated by these lizards from the first time I saw them. Would it be smart to start slow and just aquire 1 and then try to aquire a mate later? I would like to try to breed them but from what I understand they are sexable until older correct? Are they similar to Crested Geckos in thier requirements? I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

verbel
12-05-2004, 06:15 AM
This was my post I thought I logged in

weswright
12-05-2004, 01:21 PM
I have not keeped these guys myself, but I want to aquire a pair also (just waiting for the money...lol) There care is along the same lines as the crested geckos but they need a larger encloser. From what I have read they cant take up to 5 years to become sexually mature, and as little as 2 1/2 to 3 years at the least. I have also heard that some times pairs do not take to eachother and will have to be seperated. I am not making any soild claims on the sexual marurity as I have not bred them, just the research that I have conducted. Some suggested reading, Rhacodactylus by Philippe, Fast, and Repashy and if you can get your hands on it Rhacodactylus by Seipp and Henkel. The latter is a great book on natural history and bioogy but has been out of print for a while. You could try ebay and amazon but when you do find them they are pricey, but well worth it. Hope I helped some what and good luck!

crestedgex1
12-05-2004, 09:39 PM
You can find alot of Leachies at the link below
look under classifies. alot of great leachie breeders
Tom Burns
Bobby pruet
mike conley
burke knight
just to name a few leachie breeders these guys are great and will make sure you get a great leachie.
Jeff
http://www.rhacodactylus.net

verbel
12-06-2004, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the suggestions I appreciiate them . I'll check out that website I'm just waiting for them to activate my account.

verbel
12-06-2004, 06:47 PM
For some reason whenever I try to joing that website I get dissaproved.

weswright
12-07-2004, 01:52 AM
I have never had a problem with them.

verbel
12-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Well I've given up on rhacodactylus.net I've registered 4 times and been turned down for all of them I guess I'll have to look elsewhere.

TH76
12-07-2004, 11:37 PM
I am registered and have dealt with 2 guys from Rhacodactylus.net and never had any problems, I got 3 gargoyle geckos from Nathan Benner and a gargoyle and 4 cresteds from Clark Tucker, so I would definitely vouch for them,. I am also a member of the Rhac forum there, which is usually pretty dead.

I have never and would never consider sending out a sick animal. Perhaps anon should try to lend these accusations some weight with a name if he is going to smear the entire membership of a forum.

verbel
12-08-2004, 12:21 AM
I would love to check the message boards out but I can't seem to get approved for membership I don't know whats up

TH76
12-08-2004, 01:16 AM
That is pretty odd, I registered a few months ago with no problem, have you tried contcting a moderator or the webmaster?

verbel
12-08-2004, 02:13 AM
I tried e-mailing the webpage email address no replly I don't know any of the mods e-mails

12-08-2004, 04:57 AM
I'm gonna give registering one more try.

clarksgeckos
12-19-2004, 08:51 PM
Hi My name is Clark Tucker and I am a member of both lists... The GeckoPhile and Rhacodactyus.net.... Most of the best friends I have made in this business I met through Rhacodactylus.net.... I would incourage people not to bad mouth people in this business they do not know.... Negativity is not a very acceptable means of communicating to the public about opinions of people or groups of people they dont even know... I have bought and sold many geckos through Rhacodactylus.net and made a lot of good friends through it. Mike Conley is the moderator of Rhac.net and one of my best friends and if anyone was wanting top knotch Rhacodactylus I would definately send them in search of him!!!! Clark Tucker @clarksgeckos :(

Nathan Hall
12-19-2004, 09:20 PM
Clark,

I'm sorry, but I missed the post that you are talking about. It slipped through the cracks. I know Mike, and he has some great Rhacs. I don't know any of the other guys. I know that it will be difficult, but I really want to keep things on track on these forums. I want everyone to benefit from these forums. Thanks for your input!

Nathan Hall
12-19-2004, 09:22 PM
I will go ahead and remove that post since it is anonymous.

clarksgeckos
12-19-2004, 09:35 PM
Nathan, I have to say that I am very pleased that you invited me aboard.. I want to keep this forum a eductional and united fellowship to this wonderful hobby.. The negativity is running rampant in this hobby and I think that it is totally uncalled for which, I am sure that you agree. I have made many friends in this hobby and hope that I could make more and more. I dont know what I would do with myself if I didnt keep and breed the animals I have acquired over the last 8 years and have all the friends I have now with those same interests :) ... I thank you for that little Nephrurus again and again.. I sent you a e-mail with some questions about it. Did you recieve it??? Your friend, Clark

clarksgeckos
12-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Kind of clumsy at times on the keyboard, LOL!! Clark