PDA

View Full Version : Need help to figure out what this is

Brandon Parry
04-03-2005, 04:29 PM
I have purchased the animal on the left from a private breeder of which I will not disclose as of now he claims the animal is a Oedura tryoni, I have him pictured next to my Oedura monilis female. I have reason to believe that the animal on the left is not a tryoni can anyone confirm this. The seller insists it's a tryoni. Thanks for the help
http://www.hrreptiles.com/monilis.jpg[/img]

JeffG
04-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Im not too familiar with the Oedura geckos so im afraid i wont be of much help to you.
I just wanted to compliment you on your beautiful animals, they look great!

Minhawali
04-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Looks more like a monilis to me.
Head and neck are not heavy enough for a tryoni, I think.

Cheers,
Johan.

Geckoworld
04-03-2005, 05:38 PM
Definately monilis

Brandon Parry
04-03-2005, 08:06 PM
I have just never seen a monilis with the spotting pattern like this one they are usually blotchy has anyone seen this before.

MiCh@3L
04-04-2005, 03:46 AM
Hi,

take a look at the first picture on Nathans Moniliswebsite http://www.geckosunlimited.com/monilis.htm. For me your Oeduras looks like monilis, too. Ok, it`s typical that Oedura change their colour at night. But they couldn`t change their bodysize ...

Michael

Brandon Parry
04-05-2005, 08:04 PM
let me ask you all this, would I be wrong if I brought this up with the seller a week after I purchased the Oedura. The seller sent me a low quality picture and claimed that the animal he was selling me was a tryoni. There was even another member of this forum that vouched for the seller. I then purchased what I thought was a tryoni and I took the sellers word for it. I then find out here that what I purchased is not a tryoni but a monilis and the seller refused to take the animal back and issue a refund. So I requested a credit or a refund of the difference in price from a tryoni and a monilis of which the seller is not complying with. He claims that since I ha a picture I should have known what I was purchasing. He also claims to have bred the male he sold me but will not show me pictures of the offspring or the female he mated with. I have also asked where he aquired the male from and he will not answer me as to where he aquired the male which he claims is a tryoni. What should I do, should I alert others of his wrong doings or should I stay persistant about getting it resolved, communication with the seller is minimal and rarely answers my emails. I have been very upset with the issue and am stuck with what to do. I am an honest person and the seller just keeps claiming I am trying to get something for nothing. This is not the case since quite a few people on this forum have identified the animal as a monilis. Some advice would be apprciated. I have been considering reporting the seller to paypal and trying to despute the charges.

Brandon Parry
04-06-2005, 08:53 PM
[Edited by Ray] Post removed as it contained possible slander.

Nathan Hall
04-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Well, I was hoping we could keep things on track here. I've been unable to post the last few days. I've been quite busy with the animals. I will address this when I get back in town on Sunday. I will also be posting rules for the forums.

Brandon
04-06-2005, 09:59 PM
HRreptiles, It is one thing to ask friendly questions, but another to start or encorage a flame against another breeder--that's not what these forums were made for. If you have any disputes with the seller, these need to be settled in private.

Brandon Parry
04-06-2005, 10:14 PM
I am not starting a flame I am simply alerting others of this persons wrong doings I would hate to see someone else go through the ordeal I have been going through and I simply wanted to alert others

Brandon Parry
04-06-2005, 10:20 PM
you guys crack me up. Nathan you yourself stated that what I was sold is a monilis. So I if I was sold this animal as it being a tryoni wouldn't that be a wrong thing to do. I just wanted to inform others so they wouldn't get taken like the way I was. This has been a massive agravation for me and I just wanted the right thing to be done. As it seems I won't be heard because your friend is the person that sold me the monilis claiming it to be a tryoni. I have spoken with him and it seems that after arguing on the phone the issue will get resolved. So if you would like to protect your friend you may delete this post. I appologize if I broke the rules.
Thanks for the time
Brandon

Brandon Parry
04-06-2005, 10:28 PM
I am not starting a flame I am simply alerting others of this persons wrong doings I would hate to see someone else go through the ordeal I have been going through and I simply wanted to alert others

Geckoworld
04-06-2005, 11:20 PM
I don't want to provoke things further, but it was deleted due to the manor of the post. It had nothing to do with the individual. Geckosunilimted is a respected site and the forum is mirroring the rest of the site in it's professionality and diversity. Allowing this sort of activity would be downgrading in my opinion.

Brandon Parry
04-06-2005, 11:36 PM
listen what is done is done. I didn't see it as downgrading and I am not trying to take anything away from geckosunlimited I just wanted to inform others. What if this happened to you wouldn't you of wanted a fair warning of this person. I think that if there is a true and legitimate manner for the complaint it should be welcomed. I am not a child and do not bash anyone or misinform others about someone, I only speak the truth. If the truth is downgrading I must be in the wrong place.
Thanks for the time
Brandon

I suggest we let this thread die before others feelings get hurt

Geckoworld
04-06-2005, 11:49 PM
I do agree with warning others, I have an identical type of post happening right now on my forum, I have let it happen as I have the same opinion as the person who posted it, but in this case Im sure noone else has experienced anything like that from *****. I agree, let's leave this topic alone and let Nathan do what he wants with it.

Nathan Hall
04-07-2005, 04:47 AM
As it seems I won't be heard because your friend is the person that sold me the monilis claiming it to be a tryoni
I don't play favorites. Period.

This is a dispute between the buyer (you) and seller. You posted a picture of an animal that looks like an O. monilis. There are other sites where you can post this information.

I hope that you are able to resolve this. Listen, give me a call this weekend, and I will see what I can do to help you out.

spidergecko
04-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Brandon, have you taken this to the BOI? I'm sure many people would be interested to know of your encounter. The fact that he advertised as one species and sold you another, THEN claimed you should have known better is unacceptable. You should take a look at your legal entitlements, especially since this is an expensive animal.

It's unfortunate that no one else helped you with this issue and only dwelled on the "slander" post. I wish you the best of luck. Misrepresentation is illegal.

Brandon Parry
04-09-2005, 02:24 AM
Mike I tried posting on faunas BOI but there is a fee, which I did not want to pay. I have had help offered by Nathan but I do not think it will be needed. I really did not want to get others involved I just wanted to warn them. This post has had some effect and it seems like the seller is willing to work things out after all this. Thanks for your support and insight with this matter. If anyone wants details on who has sold the animal to me I will be happy to inform you privately just shoot me an email, which a few have already done.
Brandon