PDA

View Full Version : n00b!!

weezerbot
04-19-2005, 02:14 PM
Hi all! My name is Heidi and I stumbled across this forum while researching Leopard Geckos for the umpteenth time! I'm not an owner yet, but I have wanted one for years, and I think I'm ready for the challenge! Any and all advice is welcome!

As for me, I'm 26 and live in Phoenix, work in the printing/reproduction/graphics industry, and am a forever student! I enjoy music, cars, hiking, biking, and reading and my other children include Caesar the rottie/beagle mix, and the fishes: 3 tiger barbs, 2 silver dollars, 2 dwarf gouramis, a pleco, and my buddy Sharky Two a rainbow shark!

So....hello there!

Nathan Hall
04-19-2005, 05:29 PM
I stumbled across this forum while researching Leopard Geckos for the umpteenth time! I'm not an owner yet...

Wow, you actually do research before you purchase the animals. What a novel idea! Seriously, I wish more folks did that. Herps (any animals for that matter) should never be impulse buys. I digress.

Welcome to the forums!

weswright
04-19-2005, 09:53 PM
Welcome Heidi! I dont live to far from you, up in prescott valley. You will find great info here. And I have to agree with nathan that I am happy to see people doing there research before hand.

weezerbot
04-20-2005, 12:44 AM
Wow, you actually do research before you purchase the animals. What a novel idea!
!

Ha yes, research is a total sickness with me.....I think it's because I'm a libra! Honestly sitting in a room looking through books, or researching the internet all day is fun to me!

Besides, this is a living thing we are talking about here, not an impulse buy!! I wasnt to know what I'm gettting into!!

oscar
04-20-2005, 08:06 AM
researching before buying. :oops: yeah.. i have to say that i didnt get into the hobby that way.. and worse.. started off with a non-beginner animal bought from an uneducated pet store. our poor juvie uromastyx. :(

anyway, welcome Heidi. good to see another person sucking in. ask away with any questions and i'm sure there's someone around here that will be more than happy to help. keep us updated on your purchase.

Scott

weezerbot
04-20-2005, 10:53 PM
Welcome Heidi! I dont live to far from you, up in prescott valley. You will find great info here. And I have to agree with nathan that I am happy to see people doing there research before hand.

Is that you the Wright Reptiles?? If so, let me know when you get some Leopard Geckos ready to go, or if you know of anyone good in the PHoenix area...I'd really rather not get my gecko from Petsmart......or pay $50 in shipping!

weswright
04-21-2005, 12:52 PM
KK :mrgreen:

Brian
04-30-2005, 01:33 AM
When you do the research before hand it's easier to justify why your getting three instead of one. :mrgreen: