PDA

View Full Version : handling

surferdude375
06-01-2005, 08:52 PM
Can Tokays be handled and how fast are they. I've heard they can be mean is that true? Thanks. :D

Geckoworld
06-02-2005, 02:26 PM
They can be fast yes. You will also suffer alot of pain and boredom of waiting for them to let go...something more stressful to the geckos than the victim (i.e you :D)
Do you not like Leopard geckos? I see you haven't asked about those yet, neither Crested geckos. Both of which are widely recommended for beginners (forgive me if you are not :D)

monkeydo
06-18-2005, 06:23 PM
They're super fast, really. Their size is in no way indicative of their speed. Mine was out the other night (don't ask) and I got a frustrating refresher course regarding their speed. Temperament? I'd say aggressive, not mean. Definitely not for handling that's for sure. The bite's not so bad, bit they do hold on, that makes it frustrating. I've been bitten by worse, that's for sure.

I find when mine bites if i just set him back in his terrarium, he lets go pretty quickly.

ReptileMan27
07-29-2005, 03:38 AM
I personally dont handle mine because of their painful bite and it causes alot of stress. If you want something to handle then a tokay is not for you but if you want something to look at then a tokay is your best bet in my opinion.

Tokayman
07-29-2005, 10:21 PM
my tokay is not too bitey really, which is very nice. :mrgreen: but she's got to be one of the fastest tokay's i've ever seen, and a great escape artist as well. :roll: