PDA

View Full Version : my new leachie from the white plains show

oscar
07-11-2005, 04:04 PM
i was looking at this guy's chouhoua's trying to decide whether i was gonna guy one of them and end my day or go buy some CA bandeds and perhaps a chinese cave gecko or 2 (which i dont think was a G.luii) or a O.monolis, but when talking to him about the leachie he was holding he said he had one for a discount cause it had gotten beaten up by another mail and had lost its tail. he offered a really good price so i ended up spending even more than i expected.. but it was sooo worth it.

http://www.easternfiredoor.com/nonwork/leachie01-11july05.jpg

Scott

JeffG
07-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Wow, congrats! Mind if i ask who the vendor was?

Je_suis_le_Rhac
07-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Im backing up your decision :wink: I would have gone with the leachie too. So it is an adult male? What type is he? And if you don't mind me asking....what was the discounted price?

Thanks
John

oscar
07-12-2005, 09:06 AM
Jeff, not sure of the vendor. he was to the left as you entered the hall, next to PM Geckos i think. he was also selling some cresteds, saris and chouhouas and had 1 other leachie and a O.monolis displayed.

he's an aduly male, the guy said he was 2 1/2 years old and i'm not sure of the locale. he's greenish with the snowflake pattern. i'm going to have to start learning to be able to recognize the different locales. lol. i got him for $200.00

Scott

JeffG
07-12-2005, 09:16 AM
Get the Rhacodactylus book by Vosjoli, Fast, and Repashy if you dont have it. It goes into great lenths on Leachies. Thats a damn good price...i woulda grabbed him if i saw him.

oscar
07-12-2005, 10:58 AM
i got it and have read it. i remember having my head swim at the different descriptions. guess i'll have to go reread it.

Scott

weswright
07-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Great deal Scott. I love it. I am soooooo jealous! lol Congrats man!

oscar
07-12-2005, 03:04 PM
:D :D :D
thanks Wes. i was totally psyched the whole way home. i gotta give my wife tons of credit though cause i was unsure about what to do.. go get the $25 bandeds and maybe a chinese cave gecko for $50 or jump in with both feet. she looked at me and said, 'buy it hun. i know how badly you've wanted a leachie.' it didnt hurt she thinks they are extra cool and wanted me to get one at the last show.

Scott

sircat
07-12-2005, 03:30 PM
wow that's great...very nice

GeckoFiend
07-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Awesome deal. Hopefully I'll have your kinda luck at the Daytona show.

Justin
07-13-2005, 04:21 AM
Another nice purchase Oscar! Leachianus are great geckos, I'm always 50/50 about getting one.

oscar
07-13-2005, 10:50 AM
he's awesome! something about holding a geckoin your hand that actualy weighs id down and the puppy dog look on their face just makes me smile.

texas lizard connection
07-22-2005, 06:21 PM
Scott,
Wow great deal on the leachie. I dont think I have ever seen that price on an adult!! Good luck with him. Looks like he is going to be very happy.