PDA

View Full Version : Gekko smithi

tokaysunlimited
08-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Sorry about the quality of the pics.We were cleaning cages and decided to snap off a couple pics of one of the males.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/rhacattic/IMG_1233.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/rhacattic/IMG_1232.jpg

GeckoFiend
08-14-2005, 01:00 AM
Very cool geckos. Thanks for sharing...

Rich
08-14-2005, 07:24 AM
very nice :) !! beautiful eyes aye :) ?

Tokayman
08-27-2005, 11:49 AM
awesome pics, what's the price on smithi's?

Lvbandeds
08-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Cool Green eyed Tokay pics!

awesome pics, what's the price on smithi's?
tokayman, check the kingsnake classifieds,I saw some there.

Tokayman
08-27-2005, 08:26 PM
okay, thnks.

Tokayman
08-28-2005, 01:44 PM
so i guess exotic pets in las vegas has some for 36 dollars, that's a pretty good deal in my opinion. they are cool, just wondering, could they be housed with a female tokay??

tokaysunlimited
08-28-2005, 10:22 PM
Well we sell our CBB ones at 50$ each.Again these are 5th generation Captive bred and born.
As far as them being housed with Tokays.Yes.Everything is the same as far as requirments go.We are even working on a hybrid between the 2.

Tokayman
08-29-2005, 10:48 AM
are you kidding me? that's awesome, and they won't fight each other or anything?

herperboy
08-29-2005, 08:50 PM
NOOOOO not hybrids!!!

Tokayman
09-04-2005, 09:37 PM
and why not???

Green-eyed Gecko
12-17-2008, 09:41 AM
hey guys, i know itīs an old threat but i think the gecko on the pic's is a gekko siamensis! i have both species by my own... so that' why i'm nearly sure! what's about new pic's from that animal. and what's about hybrids... does it work to cross tokays and green-eyes? nice greeting georg

Ingo
12-18-2008, 12:12 PM
You are right, definitely siamensis. Not seen too often these days. But luckily I do have a productive breeding pair.
Smithii are not so easy to get here. I lost my male a couple of years ago and since then I am searching and the females are getting older and older....

Ingo

Green-eyed Gecko
12-18-2008, 03:33 PM
i had one lone female of gekko smithii for a long while too! but that year i got 1.1 and since that everything seems to work fine!:D both females layed 2eggs and hopefully next year there will be some babys! :fight:it was a long way... there not many owners of these animals!:cry:

have you heard about to new specie Gekko nutaphandi - hopefully i will be able to get some of them!

Ingo
12-19-2008, 08:36 AM
Hi,

I see, you are in Germany. Please put me on the list for some smithii babies and of course the red eyed siamensis aka nutaphandi....

Ingok

Green-eyed Gecko
12-20-2008, 10:38 AM
i think that will be no problem! let's see what happens next year!:)
georg

Spawn
12-21-2008, 02:47 AM
Hello:
I just love Green-Eyed Geckos. I first heard about them in the late seventies but there was never more than just a couple available and it was years before I was finally able to obtain one. I have had mine now for almost two years and he's a great animal. On of these days I hope to have a pair and eventually two trios of them. For right now mine is living peacefully with a Skunk Gecko and a female Tokay. Theuy all get along fine and I've had no problems with them being aggressive towards each other. They were all single animals that people had given to me...except the G. smithi. I bought him as soon as I saw it available.
On another forum Ingo and I talked a few years back about the fact that for years I knew the gecko as G. stentor and not G. smithi. They used to be listed on many price lists as G. stentor.
Have a Great Day!!!

Saille
12-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Beautiful animal.
Hey Spawn, are the Tokay, Skunk and Green eyed gecko all females?

And I for one am not into hybrids, personally. I would rather buy a Pure Green Eyed or Tokay, especially CBB, but thats just me.

Spawn
12-26-2008, 05:15 AM
Hello Saille:
I haven't relly checked them but I know the Tokay is a female because I hatched an egg that she laid. Amazingly the baby is in with the group but he/she is over 5" already.
I'm not into hybrids either. These animals are together only until I can pair them up. They get along fine and do not bother each other at all. Why...I can't answer? It could be the cover they have or that they have plenty of food. Whatever it is I'm keeping an eye on them but they seem to get along fine.
Have a Great Day!!!

Ingo
12-26-2008, 08:12 AM
Typically these geckos do not interbreed readily.
I had a female smithii together with a male siamensis for almost 5 years without a single fertile egg.

Ingo

Spawn
12-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Hello Ingo:
I agree with you. I have the three (Tokay, Skunk, Green-Eye) together and they barely pay any attention to each other.
Have a Great Day!!!