PDA

View Full Version : Rescued Hemidactylus turcicus

optikwhite
08-21-2005, 04:03 PM
I recently rescued a baby h. turcicus that I found being tormented by one of the many stray cats in my area and was curious as to what might be better to feed him with, very small crickets or flightless fruit flies. Total length is less than 2 inches and he appears to be thriving well in the 90x45x45cm enclosure I have him in. I just want to ensure that I haven't saved him from the torments of a cat only to die a slow death due to starvation. I try to check on the crickets to see if they all disappear in a timely manner, but as they are pretty small and the enclosure kinda large, it often times seems an exercise in futility.

So from some of the more experienced people out there, what would you recomend for feeding and might I do better to keep him in a smaller enclosure until he grows a bit, or leave him as he is?

Justin
08-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Hi, well done on the recuse :wink:

Crickets, hatchling roacher, fruit flies are all good feeders, just make sure they are supplemented and are about half the size of the geckos head.

If you can't monitor the feeding closely enough then perhaps it might be best to move the gecko to a smaller enclosure.

Keep us updated.