PDA

View Full Version : taking care...

french kid
08-24-2005, 12:03 AM
I found this specie really fascinating and I would like to know if they are hard to keep?? Is most of these geckos are wc??
thx

oscar
08-24-2005, 01:11 PM
Marcus will surely pipe up.. or i hope so at least... but here's my opinion. until recently i think they were almost all WC, but there has been some sucess in the past few years and Marcus seems to be an expert in that matter. i have a CBB that i received about 3 months ago and he's has been seemingly easy to care for and has doubled his weight in that time from 2g to 4g.. lol.. the biggest thing i have been told to watch out for is water quality. keep them on distilled water. Nathan has caresheet that you can find here:

http://geckosunlimited.com/care_a.felinus.htm

Scott

french kid
08-24-2005, 01:14 PM
thx alot for the info and the care sheet, I hope I can find a place to get one, because they seem to be hard to find. thx again

Afelinus
08-25-2005, 12:40 AM
Scott is right on point.Check with a herp shop in your area,or possibly an exporter/importer if you can.GOOD JOB ON THE LITTLE ONE SCOTT.Marcus :D

french kid
08-25-2005, 10:12 AM
k thx for everything, and I'll go look at my herps shop and at the reptile show in ontario. so thx again.

french kid
08-25-2005, 10:37 AM
Just another question for you guys in the care sheet it tells me to keep them in a 10 gallon tank, i'm not to familiar with the unit gallon, so i just want to know is 36x18x12 alright?
thx

oscar
08-25-2005, 01:20 PM
i believe thats close to 2 1/2 gallon which would be too small for an adult, but thats approximately the size i am housing my baby in.

hey marcus, i hope to be contacting you in the near future to see if you have anything available ;)

Scott

french kid
08-25-2005, 07:08 PM
thx but, can you tell me then how big it should be for an adult in inches? thx for all the info really appreciated.