PDA

View Full Version : sick female auric..........help...

JBReptiles
09-02-2005, 02:19 AM
i got a new ggg ...so tonight i got her out and her jaw was rubbery(rubber jaw)so i got a sering and gave her CGD with some calcium with d3 in it...she ate some then i put her back in her cage and put some in ther with her....

is there anything else i can do (beside take her to a vet...dont have that kinda money)...i am going to keep doing this and hope it works she looks ok besides her rubber jaw....but are their any home medicans i can use or am i doing everything right to save her....thanks jeff...

GeckoFiend
09-02-2005, 07:23 AM
Load her up with calcium. Just give her as much as possible. Give her some extra D3, but not a ton. The sooner you start doing this, the better chance you have at saving her life.

JBReptiles
09-02-2005, 11:39 AM
i started last night ok i will be sure to do that thanks jeff

bleeding_sarcasm
09-02-2005, 11:24 PM
i would suggest going to the vet. i know it may not be cost effecent, but let me put it in perspective for you, a healthy female adult gargoyle sells for 200$ US retail. a vet visit, can run you about 60. animals commonly DIE from calcium deficency.

i definitely agree with loading her up with calcium. liquid calcium is something you can get by perscription from the vet. you should tell your friend that his animal is calcium deficent, because if it happens with one animal, its possible hes not properly supplamenting the other animals he has.

are you keeping her under a flo light? flo lights with uva/uvb help rhacs synthesize d3. also, what kind of calcium are you using? i find tri cal tastes the best, [its sweeter, ive tried it] and my rhacs are more likely to go after things with that in it.

good luck, calcium deficency is something that CAN be over come, however a rubbery jaw inplys that its fairly far along. calcium deficency might only be one of many problems she might have...

GeckoFiend
09-03-2005, 08:06 AM
You don't need a vet to get liquid calcium. I have a friend that is taking some vet classes, and this method is something he's done on more than on occassion with "rubber jaw".

JBReptiles
09-04-2005, 06:22 PM
what is it then?

GeckoFiend
09-05-2005, 01:31 AM
http://www.medichest.com/calcionatesyrupreplacementforcalciquid16oz.html

That's the stuff I use. I think it came out to around $30+ when shipping is factored in.