PDA

View Full Version : Uroplatus pietschmanni

Reptiluvr
09-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Does anyone know when U. pietschmanni was described as a new species? I'm really interested on finding information on what publication the description was printed in, when and the author. I would really like to be able to get a hold of the description papers. If anyone can help me, please email me at Reptiluvr@yahoo.com

Robert Gundy

GeckoMike
09-03-2005, 02:35 AM
Robert

I think it was done just last year. I know that Neil Miester in Canada may know the exact info on it. I can look in to it a little deeper if he cant find it.

BTW I love the care sheets that you did for the U.Phantasticus and U.Sikorae! They helped out a lot when I first got in to the Uroplatus!

Hope this helps!

Mike

Mad
09-03-2005, 03:13 AM
U. pietschmanni was originally described in 2003. Its official description was printed in Salamandra which I believe is German herp journel. I have been trying to get a hold of a copy of it for a caresheet I am working on for U. pietschmanni, but have not been able to find anyone who carries it. I doubt there is any good info in its original description. No one really knows that much about U. pietschmanni's natural habits other than the location they originate from. I've talked to numerous breeders including Neil Meister and everyone is still guessing.
-Matt

Reptiluvr
09-04-2005, 10:22 PM
I figured Neil might know some info. Just knowing it was published (or at least probably) in Salamandra will help my search. I'm currently attending FSU, so I'm hoping our library may have some way of getting a copy. I will try to look more into it after the weekend.

GeckoMike: Thanks for the compliment. I loved working on those caresheets. Everytime I learned something new or found more info on natural habitat, etc I would keep updating. Really fun project. It's kind of depressing that I can't keep them anymore since I'm in school. When I get out I plan on getting back into them of course. I'm really glad it helped!

GeckoMike
09-05-2005, 08:30 AM
Robert

It is good to meet people that I have got great information from. I have way to much fun learnig from my geckos and your work shows that you do as well.

Let me kow when you are looking agin. I am working with large groups U.S.Sikorae, U.S.Sameiti, U. Phantasticus, U.Ebeanui, U.Fimbriatus, U.Peitschmanni, U.Guentheri, and I am waiting on pairs of U.Lineatus and U.Henklei to arive soon.

Dont even get me started on the other geckos I have! That may take a while and every time I do that I end up with a new pair! LOL The hard part is explaining to my wife that "it is the lat pair I promise hunny!"

Thanks

Mike

David
09-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Here is the website of one of the description autors (Patrick Schonecker)
http://mitglied.lycos.de/gekkonidae/

Uropl@tus
10-03-2005, 01:44 PM
Hello

I described the U. pietschmanni together with my friend Andreas Böhle. It was in the year 2003. In the publication we put some information about our first breeding results. The magazine is the Salamandra. I can send you a .pdf of the description if you are interested. In 2004 we published a second article about the keeping and breeding of this species in the DRACO (No. 18; about Geckos). It's one of the magazines of the NTV-Verlag. You can order it from www.ms-verlag.de

Best regards Patrick

Mad
10-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Hey Patrick,
Please send me the pdf of the original description of Uroplatus pietschmanni. I am very interested in seeing it. Also do you know if you can get an english version of the Draco aricle. It's so great that you are on the forum, I sure have a lot of questions I would like to ask you.
-Matt
P.S. my email is madherp@hotmail.com

Uropl@tus
10-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Hello

I send you the article by mail. I don't think that there will exist a translation of this article in the next time :cry:

Best Regards Patrick

Protean
10-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Patrick could you send me a copy of the article as well. I would greatly appreciate it.

Would it be ok if I ask a friend of mine translate the draco article as well? I do not want to do so any offend you.

Jason

Reptiluvr
10-09-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm sorry, but I haven't gotten your email. Could you please resend it. I can't wait. I will have it translated one way or another. I've had other papers translated for me before, so I hopefully I can have it done again.
Thanks so much!

Uropl@tus
10-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Hello

Please mail me you E-mail again! Patrick.Schoenecker@gmx.de