PDA

View Full Version : Not really sure where to post this...racks for aussie geckos

bugman426
10-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Since my room is very small and cluttered with tanks, id like to get a small rack system that would save space. The problem is that I hate to think id have to spend $3-400 on a rack that at least looks very easy to make.

So I was wondering for you guys how you build racks (it will be for milii). Nothing complicated, just maybe 5 tubs or so.

Is it really that hard? Btw, I have no tools, no patience, and suck with wood :lol:

Thanks,
Mike

oscar
10-05-2005, 11:44 AM
Mike, i think Ken had a rack-type thing he made by modifying some plastic drawer units that he got from Wal-Mart. i dont remember what species he had in them though, but he did say he had good luck with them.. and they'd be really inexpensive.

just found it for ya:
http://geckosunlimited.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1264

Scott

bugman426
10-05-2005, 02:21 PM
yea i remember that post, but then again its only for hatchlings so i dont know if its big enough

anyway, i found someone locally to make one for me

thanks though

Ken Bartenfeld
10-06-2005, 12:50 AM
Its perfect man, it would do great for individual milli...but the sides are not to tall, so I would go with some that have at least 6 inch sides, these have around 3-4 inch, I just watch out not to hurt them in anyway.

I am sure even the 6 drawer one will be great. Remember milli don't get to big. I made one for my roaches with wood, and actually had someone had my local Home Depot cut it for me.