PDA

View Full Version : Striped Strophurus species

LarryLockard
10-12-2005, 02:19 PM
I've got one last question for everyone. The striped Strophurus species. Why aren't those as popular as the spiny-tailed species. I personally think that some of them are the prettiest of the Strophurus, such as S. taeniatus, or S. jeanae. I was told that taeniatus has been kept in the past, and that there maybe people in Europe who keep mcmillani, but these are just rumors. Were they more difficult to keep and breed? Was it because most of them are found exclusively on Spinifex? Just some Q's that popped in my head. Thanks everyone.

Larry

Strophurus
10-12-2005, 05:58 PM
Hello, well i think they would be as popular as the spiny ones for a true Strophurus lover, but the main reason is the rarity of these ones.
of course there are some kinds in different captive keeping, but i think only a very few.
i ( and many others here on the forum ) would love to keep them as well, if anyone has to offer some.
regards stefan

Justin
10-12-2005, 06:29 PM
I second your opinion Stefan, taeniatus and jeanae are stunning geckos, smaller than a lot of the other strophurus but incredible looking.

LarryLockard
10-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Well we can all hope that in the future there is the opportunity for us Stroph lovers to work with these species. They are beautiful and fascinating.