PDA

View Full Version : Racks

Ken Bartenfeld
10-19-2005, 10:53 PM
Wanna know whats the best/most affordable racks out there...anyone have any input? I have boaphile racks right now...

Thanks...

HaikuDan
10-21-2005, 10:05 AM
I recently got a new PVC shoebox rack from reptilebasics.com. It holds 12 Iris shoeboxes sized at 8" x 13 1/8" x 4" and has back heat.

It works for my hatchling geckos and colubrids. I'm happy with it so far, and the price was just about the lowest I've seen.

They will soon be releasing a shirtbox size; I am eagerly awaiting to see the details of how many tubs, what size tubs, and price.

Ken Bartenfeld
10-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Darn...looking for belly heat, I think its the way to go...I am considering two right now, both are really not getting back to me, and I am about to purchase a 1500 order. Might just go and build my own now...be ALOT cheaper.

bleeding_sarcasm
12-29-2005, 04:34 PM
as far as sort of.. do-it-yourself racks, most of my things are set up on gorilla racks, with a few extra shelves. a florescent light screwed into the bottom of the shelf above it, strip of heat tape attached to a dimmer on the bottom. and sterylite tubs with holes drilled on the top of one sid.

Geckospot
12-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Ken..You should really check out the Animal Plastics rack systems. I just purchased the AP Sterilite 1756(10) rack system routed for 4" flexwatt. It costs $450 shipped. Thats a great price for a system that holds 10 32qt Sterilites. They are very well built. I'm extremely impressed. I got the 4" heat tape from the Bean Farm.

I'm probably gonna buy the AP Sterilite 1752(13) for hatchlings.