PDA

View Full Version : vocal velvets?

Palex134
11-05-2005, 02:05 PM
my northern velvet female always SCREAMS when someone gets near her at night. I was getting my ackie cage ready, I hit the cage top by accident, and she freaked out and just started screaming like bigfoot or an alien :wink: . I jumped back. She will do this every time I go near her cage, at night, not during the day. Is this normal? Thanks

Nathan Hall
11-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Yes, that's normal. Some velvets are more vocal than others. Nothing to worry about.

Palex134
11-05-2005, 02:21 PM
ha thanks, It scared me so much. I ran upstairs, and tried to think about what that could have been. It was so scary at the time, but now its pretty funny!

Nathan Hall
11-05-2005, 02:22 PM
You should hear one of my P. platurus females. I actually have to leave the room because her scream is so offensive.

Palex134
11-05-2005, 02:27 PM
when I first noticed the yells, I thought they were like a baby or like a kitten in the wall of my herp room as silly as it sounds. Then I noticed it was her, so I thought she was in trouble. She was just pissed I disturbed her I guess. She is a sweety though,
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/palex134/velevetet.jpg
I found my male a few weeks ago, hes doing better. I want them to breed so bad, he escaped during their burmation, so I guess I will try again in a few months.