PDA

View Full Version : I'm hoping to start a few breeding projects soon

DeadIrishD
11-17-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm hoping to get a few breeding projects going soon,
I need to find a few female AFT's to get that project going.
I'm also going to get a breeding group of Leos.

Although this may seem dumb, I am writing out My Code of Ethics on breeding them, and am going to stick by it, as I feel that more people have started off breeding for the love of geckos, and ended up doing it for their greed and cash.

I'd also like to know, what species of geckos are often over looked, easy to find but their popularity is dieing out so much that they may not be here within a few years (if their are any like that.)

I'm a fan of the geckos that live on the ground, for some reason but can stand semi aboribials (like how you can see anoles, on the ground and on the glass.) I think this dislike started at petco with all of the house geckos running around.

Coleonyx
11-26-2005, 03:19 PM
banded geckos are perfect for you then!!!

they are commonly wild caught
terrestrial eyelid geckos
easy to breed
and very variable, making for many potential morphs

look into them!

e-mail me if you cant find any healthy long term captives.

DeadIrishD
11-26-2005, 04:41 PM
my code of ethics, is pretty much going to keep me away from breeding Leos and AFT's theres already enough people making them CB, so why waste my time when I could actually do a diffrence in the gecko world, with others needing to be worked with.

I'm still going to breed AFT's and Leo's they just wont be my main focus as I had once thought, I will look into banded geckos though :)

Brian
12-11-2005, 01:41 AM
You know if you decide to go outside geckos Plated Lizards fit a lot of what you are looking for. Honestly I'd look at whatevers getting imported for less then $50 and from a region likely to actually enforce enviromental/export laws in the future. Past examples would be South Africa and Costa Rica.

bugman426
12-11-2005, 02:02 AM
I think some Paraedura species are overlooked and awesome. Someone on kingsnake was selling a lot of different species a few days ago, so look for that

I think P. Bastardi and P. Androyensis are pretty cool

edit: heres the link: http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=31&de=369946

they even have p.masobe :shock: :shock:

PreditorNprey
12-11-2005, 02:22 AM
Paroedura androyensis $45ea
Paroedura bastardi $35ea
Paroedura picta $35ea
Paroedura stumpffi $45ea

I think thoes are the only ones I can afford, expecially b.c of shipping costs but I think I may look at some herp shows.