PDA

View Full Version : how do i introduce the milii?

bugman426
11-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Is it too early to introduce my milii together?

It will be their first year breeding, so i didnt cool them.

I know that i introduce the male to the female, but when do i take them out? Or how long do i leave them in together?

edit: i know the female is big enough, but how do i know if the male is big enough? Here he is....
http://tinypic.com/hrlnat.jpg

Thanks, and any other tips will be appreciated

Mike

Brandon
11-23-2005, 06:09 PM
how old is the male? I've never bred milii before, but so long as they are getting along well and aren't beating up on each other, i would leave the male in there until the female is at least noticeably gravid.

lol, by the way, did you spill some calcium dust? i'm trying to figure out what that white powder is.

bugman426
11-23-2005, 06:12 PM
how old is the male? I've never bred milii before, but so long as they are getting along well and aren't beating up on each other, i would leave the male in there until the female is at least noticeably gravid.

lol, by the way, did you spill some calcium dust? i'm trying to figure out what that white powder is.

:lol: my parents arent very good with keeping the dust in the container

The male was born on 9/16/04 and the female was born on 7/12/04

So i should leave the milii in for more than a day you are saying? Till i see them mating?

DeadIrishD
11-23-2005, 06:42 PM
Mike,

I cannot say for sure, but I think he's saying until the female shows signs of being gravid, as sometimes they can mate, but without impregnating the female.

Brandon
11-23-2005, 06:52 PM
lol, i getcha on the dusting. i thought your gecko might have been addicted to blow there for a minute. :lol:

you may or may not see them mating. I would just leave the male in there until the female is noticeably gravid i.e. you can see the eggs or a pronounced abdominal swelling.

DeadIrishD
11-23-2005, 07:02 PM
can you imagine how much money that were to cost if it were?

bugman426
11-23-2005, 07:04 PM
can you imagine how much money that were to cost if it were?

only the best for my geckos :D

i guess ill put them together tonight then and leave them in together, and hopefully the magic will happen

how long does it usually take for them to get gravid?

DeadIrishD
11-23-2005, 07:07 PM
LOL.

bugman426
11-23-2005, 08:16 PM
is it normal for them to strike at each other?

i just introduced them a minute ago, and they are hissing and striking at each other through the hidebox, as the female is inside and the male is outside

DeadIrishD
11-23-2005, 09:37 PM
I've heard of some roughness going on, but if their like at eachothers throats and seriously hurting eachother, I myself would personally split them up.

bugman426
11-23-2005, 09:51 PM
now they are just chillin...hopefully when the lights go out there will be some mating

DeadIrishD
11-23-2005, 09:57 PM
martinis and play some Def Leopard- Lay some sugar on me

bugman426
11-23-2005, 10:05 PM
martinis and play some Def Leopard- Lay some sugar on me

:lol: :lol:

and some white powder to loosen them up a bit

JBReptiles
11-23-2005, 11:00 PM
i havent breed nephrurs milli or any nephrurs..but from what ive read....if the female is just sitting their kinda jerking then shes ready...but if shes trying to run hide,bit back.then she isnt ready...

heres a care sheet(breeding )on levis levis...im sure its the same for all nephrurs...so i hope this helps out with the breeding...
http://cc.usu.edu/~jgjulander/Knobcarepage.html

Ken Bartenfeld
11-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Like I said on AIM Mike, if they female wags her tail up in there air she doesn't want any...and if she just lays flat, she is accepting him.

What should happen is the male she (since he is a virgin) be kind of rough, and bite her tail maybe, even her legs at first...mine did this...then finally found out to bite the neck then tuck himself under her...

Ken Bartenfeld
11-23-2005, 11:11 PM
I just introduced my amyae, seems the females aren't ready or something, I am a bit confused myself...last year it was different, and I didn't cool them at all...this year I did. This is my 2nd year with them, and I heard the first is the easiest...go figure ;-)

bugman426
11-24-2005, 01:08 AM
well, i just got home and stupidly put the main light on so i think i scared thrm...anyway they were near each other...so thats good i guess

Im just gonna seperate them tomorrow since ill be gone all day, then put them back together friday night