PDA

View Full Version : Golden geckos?

DeadIrishD
11-26-2005, 03:17 PM
What can anyone tell me about Golden Geckos?
And what size of a tank, would I need for four of them?

As far as a first gecko to breed, easy or not?

easily tamed, like a leopard or AFT, or a bit harder like a Tokay?

Haroldo
11-27-2005, 12:24 PM
What can anyone tell me about Golden Geckos?
And what size of a tank, would I need for four of them?

As far as a first gecko to breed, easy or not?

easily tamed, like a leopard or AFT, or a bit harder like a Tokay?

Okay, here's my advice as I had 2 of them until recently. I think they reach an adult size of around 8" and they are rather slim in body build. If you have ever seen a R. sarasonirum, they'll remind you alot of them, not so much of their look, but how fast they are. I fed mine mostly crickets, but they would eat some of these rhac diets with no problem. I kept mind singular in a modified sterilite container. For 4, I would first make sure that you only have one male in the harem. I suppose a 20 high or a 29g would be perfect for a 1.3. As far as breeding, I'm not sure as I never tried. Aforementioned, goldens are lighting quick and though I've never been bitten personally, I've been told they chomp down pretty hard, though not as bad as tokays which latch on oftentimes. Hope this helps and if you have anymore questions, let me know.

mexico
12-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Hi. I was wounderin if you could help me. I have two golden gecko's. I bought the female first and then the male a couple days later. Both were from a pet store. Now the male is lghter in color and a lil bigger, female is darker and smaller ( I have two pixs on site.) The problem I'm havig, both have the pores on the end of the tall and the v shape thing, Another thing is that they alway sleep in the same hide, ie cuddling up to each other.. So can u help by looking at my pix or I coul even send you somemore.

p.s, The male is always brighter and the male is always darker. . thanks