PDA

View Full Version : My new Nephrurus Amyae Female

Ari
12-02-2005, 04:14 AM
Shes 2 years old

http://tinypic.com/i3gbc5.jpg

Sarah
12-02-2005, 04:28 AM
Awwwwwww...she's ADORABLE!!!! You must be over the moon to have her in your hands! Apparently the next issue of Reptiles Australia magazine has an article on Rough Knob Tailed gecko husbandry. Hopefully it will be a good article.

Have you introduced your male and female yet?

:0)

Ari
12-02-2005, 05:07 AM
Hi Sarah

Yeh already introduced - theres abit of tail waging going on, and she seems to stick her vent up in the air, and lays right down and wags her tail alot when he come near. However the guy I bought her off said she has been cooled already & was placed for 2 weeks prior to me getting her with one of his males, he said she may already be gravid....heres hoping. I am happy because she is a very orange specimen, the photo doesnt really show that. While my other have that black banding at the back of the neck. It seems absent on her.

I am normally a big quarantine type of guy, but the guy I purchased off is one of the best, and besides mine have all been regularly wormed & stool tests done - I am very particular. Bit like dogs & cats I generally worm all my geckos every 6 months, you have to when feeding crickets.

If anybody can advise the meaning behind the above actions I would be interested to know what is going on.

Cheers

Ari

Sarah
12-02-2005, 05:40 AM
I have heard that tail wagging means they are not ready, so maybe she is already gravid? Don't take my word for it though, there are lots of people here (Ken especially) who will be able to offer advice based on actual experience!

Can you post pics of your set-up? Mine should be here in two weeks (waiting on the sellers movement advice, he is in NSW so has to actually apply for one, bummer!). Gives me a bit of time to have a suitable set-up ready though.

Do you have any pics of her whole body? How big is she? Is there a lot of difference between her and the male in size?

:0)

Ari
12-02-2005, 06:47 AM
Shes about the length of my hand, massive head - remember I posted pics before in the "Newbie from Cairns" the male is probably half her size - he is about 1 1/2 years old - generally the male is alot smaller anyway I thought. They are both definately at breeding age - I reacon she is gravid - but its her first mating if she has mated. I reacon the first clutch wont be so good - I mighty be wrong.....fingers crossed

weswright
12-02-2005, 07:36 AM
Very cool Ari, she is beautiful. Good luck!

Sarah
12-02-2005, 07:55 AM
You never know!! I have my fingers crossed for you. Even if the first clutch are infertile I'm sure they will provide you will a good few more this season.

Do you have any Levis yet or are you getting your first this season? I just got my first couple of Levis on Monday(2yr old females). One of them has just shed and has gone from a rather boring browny colour to a brighter yellow with pastel purple patches. Really weird. Check it out!!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/saz1980/72174d64.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/saz1980/a6fb8a3f.jpg

Justin
12-02-2005, 08:30 AM
Very nice Ari, how big is she may I ask?

Ken Bartenfeld
12-02-2005, 10:49 AM
With that size, probably 60 grams.

Just PMed you Ari.