PDA

View Full Version : Hey MD Custom

Dragonflames81
12-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Its funny how you wrote the story about your Petco find. Well yesterday me and my wife where out shopping on the other side of town and I saw a Petsmart so I deceided to go in and take a look. Well when I got in there I went right to the reptile section and saw they had a crested gecko there for $49.99 so I asked to see it. Well it was a flame partial pinstirpe I was shocked. Well I'm about to buy it cause it looked so health and beautiful when my wife says "oh look they have gargoyles here". So of course I had to see what they had in color and quality, so the girl gets one out and I look up at it and its a BOY! I would say its about six months old since its just a small bulge but hes a beautiful light marble color. The female they had also was in great shap and a really lite gray marble to her. Well I may not of got mine for $25 dollars but I got me a boy for only $99.99 which in my book is awesome considering the cheapest boy I have seen for sale was $250 plus shipping. Moral of the story, even though its torture to shop with the wife, it payed off in the end :twisted:

MD Custom
12-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Ha! Awesome story! I might have to start driving around to all the Petcos in MD and see what I can find :twisted:
I actually can't believe Petcos and Petsmarts are carrying Gargoyles.
Anyway AWESOME FIND!

Dragonflames81
12-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Neither could I. I started talking to the girl that worked there she said her boss ordererd them becasue they where so ugly they where cute! I wish I knew who they where getting them from. I called the other stores and they didn't have anymore gargoyles but they had cresteds but like 2 of their stores.

Dennis

MD Custom
12-09-2005, 03:03 PM
Again Great find! I hope mine turns out males also...

Dragonflames81
12-09-2005, 03:22 PM
How is yours eating? I put some gargoyle diet in there for him today and he went to town like he had never eaten before. I mean I put a descent amount in there and he ate in all in minutes. He has great weight on him to so its not like hes skinny. I was just curious how yours was settling in. Also great find on your part, the story would of been even sweeter if I would of only got him for $25 dollars :D

Thanks

MD Custom
12-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Mine is eating CGD mixed with chicken and pears babyfood. He eats right in my or my wifes hand. Really calm. I was also somewhat shocked about the amount, put a nice dent in the bottle cap full. Doesn't even look twice at crickets though. If I can find the GGD at a store I think he will be fine with it. He is nice and round. Much slower and more deliberate than my crestie. I'm going to visibly check my local petcos because they thought my gargoyle was a crocodile gecko. You never know, they might have on mixed in the leo tank.

So you have 2 males now?!!
awesome. That'll make a lot of people jealous.

Dragonflames81
12-09-2005, 03:58 PM
So yours is real calm to, so its mine. thats just weird cause my girls when I got them at 3 months where all over the place, even the new little girl I got is that way. But this boy just doesn't seen to care about anything. I held him in my hands for 45 minutes talking to the people that worked there and he didn't even try and get away. He jumped to my shoulder and that was it, he was fine just sitting there. I wish they had Petcos around me but where I live the closet one is in columbus, which is a two hour drive for me. Maybe next time I go to the Columbus reptile show I will check one out and see what they have. So you live in Maryland? My wife is from Conn. god I love it up there in the summer its so beautiful. Well hey let me know if you find anymore at the price, cause if you do then I'm driving the two hours and hitting up the 4 Petcos in Columbus :lol:

Dr Alan
12-09-2005, 03:59 PM
The GGD isn't as sweet as the CGD, but it is better for them. Don't be discouraged if he doesn't take to it as well - he will eat when he gets hungry enough. 'Goyles are very much calmer than cresteds. Perfectly content to hang on the cage door during cleanings and so forth. They are more apt to bite when startled, though. Very lucky find.

JBReptiles
12-09-2005, 06:52 PM
sorry to possilby bust your bubble...but it might be a girl...even girls have a slight bulge...males are super noticeable...post pics if u can...eathier way...u got a gargoyle...

Dragonflames81
12-09-2005, 07:17 PM
I guess you could be right, but I'll tell you this much of the 5 girls I have, they never had a bulge like this, so I'm pretty sure its a boy, but time will tell. Either way like you said...I'm happy with what I have its a neat color to stays a real lite marble color all day long, bright yellow around those pale blue eyes. I think thats the neatest thing about these guys... are their eye color!

JBReptiles
12-09-2005, 10:15 PM
NICE ....

MD Custom
12-09-2005, 10:30 PM
DF81, I will be checking out more Petcos for sure. You never know what your going to find when you walk into any petstore. Most of the time it's bad but sometimes... Needle in a haystack I guess. Honestly, a couple of months ago I would have believed it to be a crocodile gecko also. I received my my crested gecko for free. A buddy at a show told me they were great and told me to pick one out.
It is much more mellow then my crested. He will hop from hand to hand but nothing like my crested. He climbs up plants but I haven't seen him on the glass yet. I like him.

Dr Alan,
I have looked locally for the GGD and can't find it so I'm going to have to order it. For now, I've been mixing the CGD with Pears and Chicken baby food to try and up the protien. He won't look at crickets so I'm trying to make sure it's protien intake is good.

Dragonflames81
12-10-2005, 02:34 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/Dragonflames81/malegargoyle2.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. Looks nuts to me :lol:

Dragonflames81
12-10-2005, 02:38 PM
One of his future baby mammas! My almost year old orange bloth female from Clark. Got three females off him at once.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/Dragonflames81/orangeblotchfemalegargoyle.jpg

I just wish my camera could show her true color, what can ya do?

JBReptiles
12-10-2005, 04:15 PM
hes got some balls alright...nice female too...