PDA

View Full Version : Madagascar Chamealon Geckos?

PreditorNprey
12-20-2005, 05:16 PM
What in the world, is a Madagascar Chamealon Gecko? I saw them at petco the other day, and am interested in what common species there giving this special name too, in order to rip off more people to get more money.

Reptiluvr
12-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Phelsuma? That's the only thing that would make sense to me.

PreditorNprey
12-21-2005, 04:15 PM
I just searched for pics on them, and they look like they would be related to Day Geckos, are they?

never mind, I guess they are.

They seem to be quite beautiful, but the things I have heard about caring for them, seems too difficult.

Can they be handled (I don't want to hold it everyday, or anything I'd just like to know, that if the need ever arises I won't have too worry about getting bit.)

Brian
12-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Can you describe what the gecko looks like?

PreditorNprey
12-21-2005, 05:34 PM
I will either tonight or tomorrow, I need to go back and look at it if they still have it, that is.

Protean
12-22-2005, 12:58 PM
I do not believe there is a Madagascan Chameleon Gecko, however there is an Australian Chameleon Gecko. They come from the genus carphodactylus. Also, there is the Euredactylodes which is sometimes called a Chameleon Gecko as well but they come from a much different area of the world (New Caledonia).

If you can get pics of the little guy(s) and post them. Its possible that they have something that is uncommon. especially seeing how they have been with their reptiles lately (rhacodactylus in particular).

Jason

Brian
12-22-2005, 04:43 PM
I doubt it's anything from Australia.

PreditorNprey
12-22-2005, 07:24 PM
I hope that they still have it when I go back to see it, I just need to figure out when that'll be since my mom had to work late tonight, and Nicki was too sick to bring me.

Protean
12-23-2005, 04:55 AM
...well...

to be honest it most likely is not even from that region and just like normal, the folks at petco have no clue what it is. its probably just another animal that is mislabeled.

jason

PreditorNprey
12-23-2005, 05:23 PM
damn it, it was sold :(

Brian
12-28-2005, 10:57 PM
Well they make up names, but usually the region is right within a couple countries.