PDA

View Full Version : new member hello

geckodan
12-23-2005, 09:03 PM
Hi all, I stumbled onto you guys searching for a picture of some animals I just sold that I heard had been posted (glad you like them Sarah).
My name is Danny Brown, I have been an obsessive Geckophile for the past 15 years and currently maintain one of the most complete collection of Australian Geckos in Australia (about 400 animals). I am a vet by trade. The species I currently keep are listed below.

Pygopods Lialis burtoni
Pygopus nigriceps
Pygopus schraderi
Pygopus lepidopodus
Delma inornata
Paradelma orientalis

GeckoesDiplodactylus tesselatus
D. stenodactylus
D. elderi
D. steindachneri
D. granariensis granariensis
D. vitattus
D. conspicillatus
Strophurus intermedius
S. williamsi
S. ciliaris aberrans
S. taenicauda (spotted tail form and striped tail form)
S. spinigerus spinigerus
Oedura tryoni (3 forms)
O. robusta (2 forms)
O. coggeri
O. castelnaui
O. monilis (2 forms)
O. marmorata (3 forms)
O. leseuri
Pseudothecadactylus lindneri
Rynchoedura ornatus
Heteronotia binoei (3 forms)
Heteronotia binoei syn. fascicularis
Underwoodisaurus milli
Nephrurus asper
N. stellatus
N. amyae
N. levis levis
N.levis pilbarensis
N.levis occidentalis
Cyrtodactylus louisiadensis
Phyllurus platurus
Saltuarius salebrosus
S. cornutus
S. swaini

DragonsFrill necked Dragon
Peninsula Dragon
Pogona henrylawsoni
Pogona mitchelli
Pogona minor
Pogona vitticeps (Barkly Tableland Dwarf)
Pogona vitticeps
Hypsiluris spinipes

Skinks
Egernia striata
E. saxitilis
E. depressa
E. stokesii
E. cunninghami
E. Formosa
E. whiteii
Eramiscincus richardsoni
E. fasciolatus
Ctenotus leonhardi
Ctenotus pantherinus
Ctenotus taeniolatus
Carlia tetradactylus
Eulamprus quouyi
Tiliqua multifacsciata
Hemisphaeridon gerrardi

MonitorsVaranus mertensi
V. tristis tristis
V. tristis orientalis

I hope that I may be of assistance to anybody if needed.

Dr Danny Brown

Nathan Hall
12-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Great to have you on the forums, Danny.

Sarah
12-23-2005, 09:11 PM
Hi Danny!

Nice to see you found your way here. It's a great forum!

BTW...the Swaini didn't lay, have checked and she isn't gravid. Nevermind! I guess she must have been checking out the lay box for future use. I LOVE them, hehehe!

Enjoy the forum, would love to see pics of your animals!

:0)

bugman426
12-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Hey Danny...seems like you have an amazing collection.

Any chance of posting some pics of D. Stenodactylus and their enclosures? I hope to get a few juvies in a few months and would like to learn as much as i can about them.

geckodan
12-23-2005, 09:47 PM
I'll see if I can chase up some shots. Enclosure wise for them I use very basic small aquariums decorated with bark rolls. Do the American bloodlines show nocturnal dimorphism (i.e some pale and some dark). I see this with steno's and Steindachneri's and haven't been able to work out if it is dominance or mood related. There are very few available over here (in fact I think mine are the only ones).

bugman426
12-23-2005, 09:57 PM
I'll see if I can chase up some shots. Enclosure wise for them I use very basic small aquariums decorated with bark rolls. Do the American bloodlines show nocturnal dimorphism (i.e some pale and some dark). I see this with steno's and Steindachneri's and haven't been able to work out if it is dominance or mood related. There are very few available over here (in fact I think mine are the only ones).

im not sure about the color. I do know that Nathan has posted pics on here of juvies and one of them was light and was was dark.

And thanks for the pics :D

Sarah
12-23-2005, 10:12 PM
I haven't noticed any change in my Steindachneris. Will keep my eye on them though.

I notice that keep a few forms of H.Binoei. I just found another clutch from one of my females. I really don't know what form mine are as all three of them are totally different from one another.

Would love to see pics of your H. Binoei forms. Would you be able to tell what forms mine are? There are photos of them on previous post 'Heteronotia Bineoi'.

:0)

Toyvet
12-24-2005, 12:28 AM
Hi Dan,
Your collection is , how do I say it ? AWESOME!!!! STUNNING !!! UNREAL !!!!
PLEASE, PLEASE post pics of your enclosures and reptile room(s) ! From one Veterinarian to another....WELCOME ! The group of geckophiles that frequent this board are the BEST people on the Web...
Sincerely;
Greg

Strophurus
12-24-2005, 02:52 AM
hello, well i saw a few pictures of some of your animals until now, and i am very impressed about them.
it is good to have you also here on the forum and hopefully you can feed us with some pictures here in the future.
regards stefan

Minhawali
12-24-2005, 05:43 AM
Hi Danny,

Last month I spend some time near the Sunshine Coast (Tallebudgera area). Saw another nice gecko collection but yours is.... :shock: WOW
And I like the Egernia's to.

Welcome on the forum.

Cheers,
Johan.

Tom Martensson
12-24-2005, 07:53 AM
Hi Danny
Welcome to the forum, I would be very happy if you could post a pic of S. taenicauda spotted tail form.
Best Regards
Tom

Riverside Reptiles
12-24-2005, 11:30 AM
Hi Danny, great to have you on board. Looks like you have an amazing collection!

JohnN
12-24-2005, 11:58 AM
Welcome to the family Dan! You have a great collection.

John

Jerry Peebles
12-24-2005, 04:33 PM
Hi Danny-

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing some pictures and hearing more input from you.

Jerry

aquapimp
12-24-2005, 06:50 PM
Hello Dan,

Welcome, and what a list!

Tom Wood

MiCh@3L
12-25-2005, 04:02 AM
Hi Danny,

I just can say WOW to your collection - that`s incredible!
I think you need a lot of time to handle all of your reptiles, but I hope you got the time to write a lot here at the forums :!:

Regards

Michael

Ari
12-25-2005, 06:21 AM
Welcome Geckodan

I would have thought you would already have been a member. Anyway great to see you have joined here.

By the way looking forward to getting those Nephrurus Stellatus from you when they are ready.

Merry Christmas

Ari

Ken Bartenfeld
12-25-2005, 10:07 AM
What a wonderful collection you have their Danny. Congrats on having a collection like that. I also am looking forward to seeing your pics.

Merry X-mas...

mtreptile
12-25-2005, 01:34 PM
Hi Dan,
a warm wellcome to you here in the forum. It is impressing what geckos you keep and as I guess breed. It would be nice to share some of your experience in breeding of some of the species you keep which are not often kept out of Australia.
Best regards and merry christmas from the opposite side of the world
Michael T

Elizabeth Freer
12-25-2005, 04:03 PM
A hearty welcome to GeckosUnlimited Dr. Danny!! May your association with this forum and with geckos be longlived!

Have you discovered GeckoWorld @ www.geckoworld.net?

kansasboy22
12-26-2005, 12:45 AM
Good to have someone with so much experiance on board.

Lee

GEORGE-MILLET
12-27-2005, 08:31 AM
Hello Dan ,

Is good to heard from you and your Paradelma Orientalis are doing well. Always your list of reptiles getting bigger is good Keepers like you are in Australia , keeping Geckos (not just snakes and monitors and some dragons) , You know what i mean Dan.
I will send you soon a little present from my last Trip from WA and i will post some pictures in the forum also for every Gecko-Lover.

***Also i want to let to Know for first time Nathan that he has done a really good job in this forum and not less to the members make the posts and topics grow and grow. I will try to post as soon as possible about the trip in WA, I am not good but I am sure Justin could help me to post pictures and help with the texts and not have a half english and half chinese text , hahaha...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ,
George Millet

MiCh@3L
12-27-2005, 10:47 AM
Hey George,

good to see you here on the forums and it`s great to have a sign of live by you - it`s a long time ago!

I hope you are doing well!

Michael

Justin
12-27-2005, 10:47 AM
Jorge,
I'll help you out no problem. Just drop me an email to my AOL account. Let me know how it all was! :D

GEORGE-MILLET
12-27-2005, 04:01 PM
Hello,
Yes , Michael still in this little world , hahaha. But always busy , I would like to have more time for you and to the forum and help a little bit more but looks like is against me (hahaha) . I will try my best to be more in contact to everyone of you after today.

Thank you Justin , I know you would always be a helpful person , thanks again , i will e-mail you soon.

Speak to You soon ,
George Millet

geckodan
12-27-2005, 10:24 PM
Thank you everybody for your welcoming comments. I'll try and get through this xmas mess first and then post some pics where I can. I've had a big weekend with eggs from Lialis burtonis, Delma plebiae, N.levis pilbarensis, O. marmorata and the undescribed bar tailed form of the Strophurus taenicauda. Is anybody on the forum regularly breeding N.asper.

Danny

MiCh@3L
12-28-2005, 02:29 AM
Hi Dan,

N. apser is one of the rarest gecko species in the hobby, I don`t think many forum members are keeping and breeding that gecko, maybe al most a handful. But there must be more gecko freaks in the back who are keeping and maybe breeding them, but these guys do that undercover .....

Have you tried to contact Kin from http://www.knobtails.com/ ?

Regards,

Michael

Justin
12-28-2005, 09:10 AM
Hi Dan,
I forgot to add my welcome to the list. I'm sure you'll like it here amongst us other gecko enthusiasts.

I too look forward to seeing some photo's from your collection, and congratulations on the new offspring!