PDA

View Full Version : Arboreal Geckos and their droppings

Ari
12-25-2005, 09:33 PM
Hi All

Just curious to know what others do when it comes to cleaning their arboreal geckos enclosure.

Most of my experience has been with none climbing geckos such as Nephrurus - which I have found always do their droppings in one area of the cage, they seem very clean in themselves.

However my recently acquired Oedura Marmorata poop everywhere and anywhere, e.g. glass, branches & areas not quite visible. I try to find what I can. How often do other breeders pickup their arboreal geckos droppings? They seem much more high maitenance to Nephrurus.

Cheers

Ari

Sarah
12-25-2005, 09:59 PM
Hi Ari,

Yes. they are higher maintenance.

All my Strophs poop on their vines, on the floor, down the glass...I take all the dropping out every time I feed, so every other day at the moment, and then give them a clean out once a week, ie, remove the geckos from the enclosure and wipe down the glass and the vines as residue is left from the droppings.

It's a bit of a pain, but they are worth it, hehehe!

Has anything happened with the female Amyae you bought? Was she Gravid?

:0)

Ari
12-25-2005, 11:02 PM
Hiya Sarah

Well its rather hard to tell whether she was gravid or not? Also my Nephrurus Levis Pilbarensis was gravid also I thought. Anyway as I had been away for 10 days all together I must admit that both Amyae & Pilbarensis do both look slimmer - not from lack of food either as my friend was feeding very regularly. And the substrate in both tanks has been how do you say "bull dozed all over the place" they must have been playing games while I was gone.......lol.

I will carefully hunt around in the substrate later, just hope they laid in the damp parts of the enclosure.

True arboreal geckos are high maintenance. I have certainly found that with my Oedura Marmorata.

Cheers

Ari

Sarah
12-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Oooo...hope you find some eggs that are still viable. That would be awesome!

:0)

Geckospot
12-26-2005, 12:17 AM
I spot clean my geckos' enclosures a few times a week with chlorhexidine. I break down the cages and do a full cleaning every 3 weeks or so.