PDA

View Full Version : video of my milii inside..check it out

bugman426
01-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Well, when i first introduced the milii again, this is what happened, so hopefeully later that night they enjoyed each others company :P

male is the darker one, and ignore 24 in the backround :lol:

the noise is from the female

took 3 days to get it on google also

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9045537864046053009

SelectGex
01-18-2006, 09:18 PM
dang.. wish i could say more, but i've never bred milii

bugman426
01-18-2006, 09:29 PM
dang.. wish i could say more, but i've never bred milii

yea, idk if thats normal or too too aggressive

i hope its normal

Sarah
01-18-2006, 09:31 PM
Holy Moly!! Bit of S&M going on there! I have my fingers crossed for you!

:0)

bugman426
01-18-2006, 09:35 PM
thanks

i hope for the best, but who knows

JBReptiles
01-18-2006, 09:48 PM
it looks normal..most lizards breed kina brudaly..did he ever GET her?

My teacher breed her leopards in class today..you just hear the tail rattaling...and vocalizing it was COOL.and me being the GECKO STUDENT i was asked like 20 questions :)

bugman426
01-18-2006, 09:52 PM
idk if he ever actually did her..maybe later in the light, but not while i was videotaping

Brandon Parry
01-18-2006, 10:42 PM
looks pretty excesive I would seperate and cool them and hope for better results.

bugman426
01-18-2006, 10:53 PM
looks pretty excesive I would seperate and cool them and hope for better results.

i seperated them, but im not going to cool them..if she breeds, she breeds, otherwise ill wait till next tear and cool her.

As soon as the film ended though, they acted like nothing ever happened, and licked each other, and were "gentle" so im sure theyre fine

Ari
01-19-2006, 08:02 AM
Bugman that video is cool - actually pretty amazing. You know what amazes me with Milli - is that the male always seems bigger than the female to me. And yet with most other species the male is smaller than the female. Is it just me or do others notice it too.

Anyway great vid, very educational.

Mel
01-20-2006, 01:58 AM
As someone who has never had any experience in breeding ANY reptiles, I have to admit I was a little horrified at how feisty they get, I had to turn off the noise as it just made me cringe, lol.

Great video though :)

bugman426
01-20-2006, 02:22 AM
yea,

i couldnt believe that they made that noise either....kind of freaked me out

at least now i know why they are called "barking geckos" :lol:

Nathan Hall
01-20-2006, 09:19 AM
Well, that was fun. It all looked pretty normal to me. She was rather defensive, but she will warm up to him. The tail biting and vocalizations are common. When she's ready, she will allow him to breed with her. Like I told you before, leave him in there for several days at a time. If you feel he is stressing her out too much, remove him and try again later. How old is the female? Is it "normal" behavior? Animals do some crazy things in the heat of passion. You should see/hear some of my R. leachianus go at it. That will wake you up from a deep sleep.

Nathan Hall
01-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Anyway great vid, very educational.
Definitely

bugman426
01-20-2006, 01:03 PM
She is just ovr a year old. I am leaving the male in a few days at a time. After that incident though, they acked like nothing happened...I heard some more noises in the morning, but that was it. They warmed up to each other eventually, though I think as they were "cuddling" under the warm spot

JBReptiles
01-20-2006, 06:44 PM
You should see/hear some of my R. leachianus go at it. That will wake you up from a deep sleep.

HAHA awsome..cant wait to breed my male..just got to get a female..

firereptiles
01-21-2006, 07:21 AM
Mike,
It's very interesting to see your milii breeding video. I've never heard anything like that... lol I think the sound make it much more exciting...
I'm new at breeding reptiles, I've only seen my leopard geckos doing it. I still think it's kinda crazy that they bite and nip each other. But like Nathan said, "in the heat of passion"... :P

A couple days ago I caught my levis pair doing it. They seem very peaceful, the female levis only wiggles it's tail... Hehehe it's funny.
I'll try to post it in the next couple days.