PDA

View Full Version : I candled an egg!

tokay,tokay
01-25-2006, 10:10 PM
....and guess what i saw. It wasnt just a mass developing inside , I could see full features of a a baby tokay.I mean tail ,head, even its beady eyes.The best part is that i moved while exposed to the light.This is so sweet! I do have questions though; Can I keep the a hatchling tokay in the same enviorment and the incubating eggs and what should I feed it?
:mrgreen:

cliff_f
01-26-2006, 12:21 AM
I would move the baby tokay to a seperate 10 gall tank away from the eggs when it hatches and i would feed it small crickets.

ReptileMan27
01-26-2006, 09:32 PM
I have talked to a few tokay breeders and they all told me the best thing to do is to leave the eggs in the cage with the adults and leave them in the cage when they hatch. The adults wont harm them. I asked these same questions when I first started to breed my tokays. Good Luck :)

Jaguar Gecko77
02-22-2006, 10:42 PM
What I have done is put some moss(or vermiculite/peralite) in a cup to keep the humidity up and tape the cup over the eggs. And they hatch out fine the tough part is running interference with the parents if you arnt going to remove them. Some are highly protective. And well you can feel that in the bite. he he he. but reptile man is right they actually protect the eggs and won't pourpousely harm them. But on occasion accidents do happen. My Male is really large even for a tokay and thats the reason i cup.
Jaguar-