PDA

View Full Version : Male Nephrurus Levis Pilbarensis behaviour??

Ari
01-27-2006, 05:31 AM
Hi All

Once again I am about to ask an indepth deep and meaningful question - bare with me ok.

I always was under the impression that I had 1.2 Nephrurus Levis Pilbarensis. Anyway I know I definately have a 1.1, however the 3rd specimen I aint to sure on now.

When there is 2 x males & 1 x female in the same enclosure - does the most dominant male follow the other male around from behind sniffing its private parts & both waging their tails? Or are males more head on with their behaviour. The behaviour I am seeing is always male following the other specimen (possible female) around from behind & sniffing, both tails waging.

The reason I ask is the other so-called female/male is very skiddish & doesnt like to be picked up - so I dont really wanna take him/her out - kinda wanted to work it out from their behaviour.

Anyway opinions sort.

Cheers in advance.

Ari

Ken Bartenfeld
01-27-2006, 07:00 AM
When I had some levis levis (1.1) thats what they did too...but then it turned out to be a 2.0...

Hopefully someone else will answer.

Ohhh...my coggeri just nailed a lateralis!!! Upside down and all!

repkyle
01-27-2006, 11:55 AM
I had the same thing happen with an adult male U. milii And what I thought was a female.
I think I would just keep the skiddish one seperate. If it is a male he surely is stressed.
Best Kyle.

Sarah
01-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Can you post pics of the animals posterior? I'm sure people would be able to tell if they saw 'her' or 'his' nether regions!

:0)