PDA

View Full Version : Non receptive Nephrurus Amyae

Ari
03-03-2006, 08:31 AM
Hi

I currently have a 2 year old female Nephrurus Amyae - she is rather huge - and as far as I am aware has never laid before. For the past 3 months she has been in an enclosure with a male - everytime I observe the male doing his little dance & tail waging she is never receptive.

My enclosure originally had 2 hides one above dry substrate and the other above slightly moist substrate, however they never used the mosit hide so I removed it as during the day they are always in the dry hide - I always like to keep a moist substrate area in the enclosure. Humidity within the enclosure fluctuates between 50% & 60%. My heat lamp is above the dry substrate area and has a temperature of 30-31 degrees, while the moist area on the other side of the enclosure temperature fluctuates between 26-27.5 degrees. Both male & female are at breeding age & weight.

They are fed regularly & crickets dusted with vitamins & calcium every other day.

Is there anything anyone may wish to add to the above that is either incorrect or needs improving on? As I dont wish to continue doing what I am doing if it is actually incorrect.

Thanks heaps.

Ari

Mastyx
03-03-2006, 04:40 PM
A little romantic music maybe?? :lol: :lol: Just kiding!!!

Sarah
03-03-2006, 05:14 PM
I was doing exactly the same with my enclosure and Ryan Ernesti (knob tail expert over here) said that the heat would be putting them off. He is in SA and doesn't heat his Amyae at all year round. I would suggest taking away the heat source.

:0)

geckodan
03-03-2006, 05:29 PM
I would not be overly concerned with lack of activity at this time of the year. They are just about to shut down and many females are not cycling despite the advances of their mates. If nothing happens in the next 4 weeks it isn't going to so sit back and wait for next season.