PDA

View Full Version : Richmond, Va?

Riverside Reptiles
03-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Just curious if anyone's going to the Richmond show this weekend (26th)? I've never been to that particular show. Is it even worth going to? It's only about an hour from me though. So, I'll probably head out to it just for shits and giggles.

miguel camacho!
03-23-2006, 10:08 PM
ive considered going there before, but i, too, have never heard a thing about it. it's a few hours from me...and i would still like to see what it's all about, however im broke at the moment. the other reptile shows here in the southeast are held in most part by the same organizers, and the variety/quality of animals has plummeted over the past few years (IMO). if you go, i would really like to hear about it.

Riverside Reptiles
03-24-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm pretty sure that I'm going to head over there and check it out since it's only an hour away. Nothing worse than getting to a show and finding it's only 15 vendors with a bunch of sick wild caught junk and some leopard geckos. But this is being held by the same people who have been doing the show in Havre De Grace, MD for years. So I'm hoping that it's going to be worth while. I'll fill ya in for sure.

Riverside Reptiles
03-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Just got home from the Richmond show and here's the low down. The first thing that I will say is that it was very clean and well run. It was indeed small though. I spent a little over an hour driving each way...and spent about an hour at the show. Mostly snakes. Very few geckos other than leopards (and not even a lot of those). Not all that many vendors, but quite a crowd of buyers. So...if you were wanting to go there to sell geckos, it would probably be worth the drive from NC. If you just wante dto go to look around and maybe buy...it probably wouldn't be worth the drive from NC (unless you're in the market for ball pythons which there seemed to be a lot of). Over all I was happy to kill an otherwise boring Sunday afternoon cruising over to check it out. And I'll probably go and vend at the Oct. one (assuming that I have stuff to sell then). Feel free to PM me if you want any details on the show.