PDA

View Full Version : Helmeted Gecko

AWL Reptiles
04-13-2006, 04:19 PM
Hi!
I wasn't sure were to put this thread, so I hope this is right.

Well, I have a male and a female of the Helmeted Gecko (that's what they're called on english right?), but the male is juvenile, very tiny. He's about 4-5 cm from head to tail, while the female is about 8-9 cm.

Now, the question is, can I put them together?

Fredrik

JaeHood
04-13-2006, 05:52 PM
Im guessing here, because i have no recieved my helmeted yet, but if your male is too young he will attempt to breed with her. As well she is probably much larger than he is, stressing him out, which could result in him losing apetite, or she might even attack him. If they are seperated now, why not just wait untill he is an adult and then breed them?

AWL Reptiles
04-16-2006, 04:35 PM
I have a lack of space, and I want more species. 8) That's why.

Anyway, they are now in the same box, and they seem to be friends. They both eat, but I will keep a close eye on them. Any sign of stress or fight, they will be seperated.

JaeHood
04-16-2006, 10:10 PM
Keep me updated, Im going to get a 0.2 pair of females in about ~1 month, and i am very curious about this species. Maybe you could give me some pointers that i wont find in any of the caresheets that i have read ( basically all of them)

AWL Reptiles
04-17-2006, 07:28 AM
I haven't kept them for so long, so I dont have any pointers, yet, but their "scream" when they think they're threated, is an experience for itself! :shock:

JaeHood
04-17-2006, 03:54 PM
lol! Yes the manager at the shop where im getting my pair held one and it 'screamed", i found it pretty shocking, but he thought it was comical.

AWL Reptiles
04-17-2006, 04:02 PM
It's kind of amazing, their behaviour I mean. The first time I actually went kind of scared because I wasn't expecting it coming. :mrgreen:

But as you sure knows, you shouldn't make them scream just for fun, even though it's tempting. 8)

JaeHood
04-23-2006, 05:01 PM
lol i know, i dont want to handle the pair im getting, they seem very skittish, ill try to "wear em down", but i dont expect to be able to handle them.

AWL Reptiles
04-24-2006, 10:08 AM
I can't either, and I never will I think (maybe because I don't dare..). :lol:

JaeHood
04-24-2006, 06:55 PM
hehehe, i finally got a hookup to somone who can get me a male for my helmeteds ( yay)! Thank god for the reptile expo!