PDA

View Full Version : Zig Zag Tail on Gargoyle Gecko

mokey
04-15-2006, 12:07 AM
Has anyone ever fixed the zig zag problem in a Gargoyle Geckos Tail, It's due from lack of calcium. Just wondering if anyone has done it, completely fixed the tail?

GeckoFiend
04-16-2006, 10:48 AM
Actually this problem has recently popped up in my collection, and I'm somewhat concerned that it's from too much calcium AND D3. I've been mixing calcium in with the GGD, and recently, I upped the calcium. Around that time, I noticed some of my cresties and gargoyles that were previously fine started getting the zig-zag tails.

My thoughts are that there is some excess D3 in the GGD, and the added calcium was absorbed by the animal when it should've just passed through the system.

sikorae
04-16-2006, 08:12 PM
I agree with aaron, too much, can be just as harmful as not enough.

bleeding_sarcasm
04-24-2006, 04:09 PM
zig zag tail is caused from not enough, which was my experience. i had it not in my gargoyles, but with my leachies, i got a bottle of "calcium glubionate" which is sweet calcium supplament [generic versian of "neo-cal"], and gave them about .5 cc twice a week in addition to supplamenting their fruit and crickets [i use tri-cal], i also changed their florescent lights from normal lights, to 10.0 reptisun bulbs, all of which combined fixed their zig zag tail and i havent had it since. i only supplamented with the neo-cal for about a month, then stopped and continued with my normal fruit and cricket supplamentation. i do however, still let them out in a reptitarium on nice days for about an hour a week.