PDA

View Full Version : anyone own crocodile geckos?

Thug Child
04-15-2006, 11:16 PM
I have owned two small crocodile geckos for 3 monthes now and have not found more than 3 people on numerous site who have them.if you live in cambridge,or kitchener ontario there is a great place you can buy adults from.post any pics or stories about yours

Kevin McRae
04-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Cool, I keep one, my supplier never can get me any. I live in Manitoba.

Thug Child
04-17-2006, 03:15 AM
that isn`t cool.i have an awesome little breeder in my area that always has at least 2 pairs and several eggs & hatchlings.mine are quite young and great for handling,except for the occasional burst of speed under the bed.lol!how old is yours and how well does it take to handling

Kevin McRae
04-17-2006, 08:31 AM
I got mine in 2001. The supplier usuaully can get babies for 20.00 ea. She doesn't like to be handled much, and I don't try to tame her much. I just use the cup method to tranport/move her.

Palex134
04-17-2006, 09:25 AM
I saw some at local show for 6.00s. They were oviously WCs, and I didnt wanna have to deal with them. They looked agressive also.

Thug Child
04-17-2006, 05:52 PM
ALL adult crocodile geckos are aggresive if they weren`t handled since they were a baby.mine are pretty good for handling and only run when the dog is in the room. Many crocodile geckos are not captive bred but the breeder i buy them from,i buy them before they hatch from their eggs.that way,there is no way it is wild caught.

bigsoonerfan
09-14-2009, 12:51 PM
I have 2 Crocs that I got about a week ago. I have them in an enclosuere that is about 4 ft. long, 2 and a half ft. wide and 2 and a half ft. high. Can I put other species of gecko in with them or a couple of anoles.