PDA

View Full Version : Tokays and water

tokay,tokay
04-16-2006, 04:24 PM
I have recently tried to house my adult tokays in a paladron set-up.Its a prefabricated tank I purchased for my local pet store that went out of business.It has a false wall with the center piece on the floor to house soil and plants.On each side a the center piece is about five inches of water with a waterfall filter system.Everything seemed fine until I was cleaning the tank and my female jumped into the water and stay underwater for an unresanable amount of time.I fished her out ,set her back on one of the logs.Then a few minutes after being gone i see her back in the water sometimes completely submerged.This is scaring the crap out of me so I'm filling up one side with gravel and leveling the otherside completed exposed so she cant hide there.I'm curious if any part of her left in the water would cause skin problems like rot.I know they live in South Asia, but I dont know how they handle water. Does anyone have some experience or knowledge in dealing with this? Should I complete remove the water feature in my tank?

ReptileMan27
06-07-2006, 02:03 PM
I never had to deal with that because I dont use water dishes for my tokays. They tend to drink of leaves or the glass. I would remove the water because I dont think they can swim and would likely drowned. Good luck :)