PDA

View Full Version : Paroedura lohatsara HATCHED HELP

Levi's Reptiles
06-05-2006, 11:03 AM
I dont know how i should set his cage up and i dont know what size crickets too feed him and also how should i give it water im sooooo happy that one finally hatched i have 4 more eggs incubating PLEASE SOMEONE HELP I will take more pics as soon as it gets settled. Is bark alright for a substrare. ANd what temps should i keep it at

Thank You

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/ebi369/PL.jpg

tanala
06-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Congratulations! fresh born lohatsara look so great! cant wait to see my first one hatching. I would use a more naturalistic substrate. You can also put some small branches in, and some more bark that you can lean on one wall. Put a small water dish in, i would additionally mist the cage slightly every evening. Crickets shouldn't be larger than the width of the head. For temperature, i would say around 25C (not to high), with a night drop. But these are just suggestions; till now i didn't raise any juveniles of this species!

sikorae
06-05-2006, 02:26 PM
I don't think I've seen one as a hatchling, its so cute, love the tail.

the moof
06-05-2006, 02:55 PM
i. am. in. love! amazing colours! im so envioius!

regards,
*the moof*

Uropl@tus
06-07-2006, 10:18 AM
Hello

At first many congratulations...
You can keep them like alle other Paroeduras. Use Sand on the bottom and cork bark for hiding. Spray them every second day and give thme a samm cup of water in the box. The tempertures should vary between 23-27C and 20C at night. Crickets are to bis if they can not eat them :D ...small ones shoul work.
Give them enough Calcium to prevent problems!

Best Regards Patrick

Levi's Reptiles
06-16-2006, 03:57 AM
Thank You For THe Info

Levi's Reptiles
06-20-2006, 02:12 AM
Do you think i should take him off paper towels now? and do you think reptibark will be good for the substrate?