PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to house 3 Pictus in a 3 foot tank?

Spikelet
07-10-2006, 03:46 AM
I am new to the forum :D and can manage to get my hands on 3 pictus babies that have all grown up together ...

I have a 3 foot display tank (with uv, will get UTH) in my lounge that I would like to put them into but I was wondering if I was asking for trouble by letting the 3 of them share a large house. I know with beardies you either have 1 or you have 6 or else there are dominance issues (with the few exceptions of course), does this apply to pictus as well?

They are pretty new in South Africa so there is no real knowledge base here so sorry if this is a commonly asked question ... :oops:

If it is ok to get all 3 of them to share besides numerous moist hides and other hides is there anything else I need to look out for?

Are they active night critters? or do they slink out and slink back into hiding like leopard geckos?

JaeHood
07-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Mine are ridiculously active at night, especially as babies. Uv light is not really needed, but a UTH is essential. A 3 foot should be good for 3.. however if some turn out male you will HAVE to seperate, males, even clutchmates, will fight ... too the death in some cases. Also be aware that if one turns male and the other 2 are female, they will probably breed.

lilernie
08-30-2006, 12:46 PM
yeah hes right dont put 2 males together and also if you keep a male and female together for too long they could over breed and your female would end up belly up :( :cry: :(

be careful :!: :!: :!: