PDA

View Full Version : Going to Texas!

deprivedcrack
07-20-2006, 02:11 PM
Woohoo. Until early in the a.m. this morning I didn't even think about the reptiles that would be in Texas. This week my dear Aunt invited me to stay with her for a week mid-August. I am so excited! I asked her "geckos in Texas???" and she replied that her kitty is usually preoccupied by them. :D Now it is a must to get my camera fixed, for in a few weeks I'm going herping for these beauties! Eeeek. So ecstatic. I'm also hoping that what I read is true, that green anoles and spiny tailed lizards will be down there as well. If I could just see a banded gecko down there I'd be overwhelmed. This will be a first for me to see geckos in their natural habitat.

Coleonyx
07-20-2006, 02:53 PM
What part of Texas?

deprivedcrack
07-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Houston

geckocrazy
07-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Hate to burst your bubble but we don't have bandeds in Houston. The only geckos you will see in houston are mediterranean geckos around the lights at night. You will have to go to south or west Texas to find bandeds. Plenty of green anoles though.

deprivedcrack
07-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Quite alright, thanks for telling me. Still looking forward to it.

ScottW
07-23-2006, 01:19 AM
Quite alright, thanks for telling me. Still looking forward to it.

Med Geckos are everywhere. You can find Coleonyx south of Houston about 5 or so hours. You will ofcourse have a hard time finding anything down there this time of year though.

The loading docks and warehouses in Galveston,TX have a population of introduced Rough Tailed Geckos there. I've been meaning to make it a point to find them for several years now. Finding Green Anoles and Brown Anoles wont be a problem for ya either.

-Scott

Nathan Hall
07-26-2006, 05:39 PM
warehouses in Galveston,TX have a population of introduced Rough Tailed Geckos there. I've been meaning to make it a point to find them for several years now.
We better hurry up and do it before you split.

ScottW
07-28-2006, 11:36 PM
warehouses in Galveston,TX have a population of introduced Rough Tailed Geckos there. I've been meaning to make it a point to find them for several years now.
We better hurry up and do it before you split.

Yes, I know man. Maybe next week sometime ? I signed a lease for an apartment today. Wait until you see this place!! :lol: