PDA

View Full Version : New Female ???

geckogirl13
07-30-2006, 04:34 AM
I was thinking about getting a new female tokay. I was wondering, should i get the new female and put her in with my other female. Not sure what to do because I have been having trouble introducing my female that I bought recently in with the male I have, until i separated them, but now my female is doing better and I am not going to put the male in with her for a while, at least until she is healthy and confident in her new home. Anyway the pet shop where I got the female had 2 females in the cage. I got one of them however, I went in there to buy some crixs and saw the other female, she looked real bad I would like to rescue her. Should I just get another terrerium for her or is it ok to introduce her in with the other female? Also what is the first thing I should do after I get her to make her feel better and to make her healthy again.?

Thanks Amanda

Riverside Reptiles
07-30-2006, 11:58 AM
If I was you I'd hold off and give it some serious thought before going out and getting yet another tokay. You're just starting to get the 2 that you have acclimated. Also keep in mind that if she "looks really bad", she probably IS really bad off. Are you going to want to pay hundreds of dollars in vet bills to save this animal?

geckogirl13
07-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Good Point ea7770 I guess I was not thinking. I just feel so bad for all the tokays that get neglected and wish I could help. I guess I need to make sure I help the ones I already have first and maybe in the future get another one. I think tokays are a beutiful creature, I love them.