PDA

View Full Version : Prices and Set-Ups!!!

Stephen
08-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Hi, I'm hoping to move to Perth this Christmas.
Can you tell me the price of
N.Wheeleri
N. levis levis
U. milli
I'm highly interested in keeping breeding pairs of these geckos!
Could you also post pictures of your set-ups?
Greatly appreciated!!!
-Stephen

iand
08-08-2006, 06:38 PM
i dont think you will find any wheeleri for sale
levis levis go for around $120-$160 each and milli go for around $100
these are just the prices i have found, other people might have different ones. goodluck

Stephen
08-09-2006, 05:55 AM
Why is there no .wheeleri in Australia?

iand
08-09-2006, 06:33 AM
to be honest, i have no idea. i think there is 1 guy that keeps them legally but he doesent really breed and sell them. whenever he does sell them they will be VERY expensive. there are lots of other great geckos over here though

Stephen
08-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Cheers, I'd also like an arboreal gecko, any ideas?

chanty79
08-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Yeah mate you're lucky to find N.amyae or N.asper these days let alone N.wheeleri. I've never seen one up for sale and Australian Governements aren't too keen to hand out collection licenses for N.wheeleri. Milii are pretty commonplace and are around the $100 mark as iand suggested. Levis the same. Amyae and Asper at the moment seem to be going for around $600 ea which is a little ridiculous in my opinion. As for arboreal gex I don't think you can past strophrurus species like S.williamsi or S.taenicauda. I love my Southern Spotted Velvet Gecko (O.tryoni) - they're a great species for a beginner to Australian species also.. Hope this helps...

Chanty79

(Here's a pic of my N.amyae set-up)
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h261/BlaxlandZoo/Gary/GaryFirstd.jpg

Stephen
08-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Thanks, chanty79.
I hope to get, 2 U. milii and 2 N. levis levis. Also 1 Velvet Gecko.

Magpie
08-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Of course, if you are moving to Perth, you'll be limited to Western Australian reptiles only and would probably be looking at buying Wild Caught ones.
Check out this site
http://pilbarapythons.com/