PDA

View Full Version : Thecadactylus

yuri
09-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Hi,

Anyone out there keeping Thecadactylus rapicauda? I have a pair from an importer I set up this spring. Two eggs so far with a nice and plump looking female, so maybe more on the way. I have not dug around their enclosure (12x12x18 Exo Terra glass vivarium), so there might be more eggs.

For those that have dealt with this species, do you incubate eggs in situ or remove to an incubator?

If you leave the eggs in the tank, any parental aggression noted?

If you remove to incubate, what temperature ranges are you using and any data on TSD for this genus?

Thanks, Yuri

oscar
09-13-2006, 01:07 PM
i had a pair, WC of course, and the female became gravid within a couple weeks, but died suddenly. my male actually was doing great for about 6 months then mysteriously started losing weight and not eating and died withing a couple weeks too. i loved them though and would like to have them again.

as far as incubation, i spoke to jay about them and he said they are nototiously difficult to hatch and my best bet was in situ. let us know how it goes.

Scott

yuri
09-14-2006, 10:54 PM
Scott,

Sorry about your pair of Thecadactylus. Thanksfully, mine are still doing well. I have two eggs in the tank now. They are really aggressive feeders, which is fun to watch.

The eggs are covered in soil, but are mostly round and look well calcified. I am going to candle them to see if I can see anything through the soil. Hopefully I will see some pink/red development.

Yuri

oscar
09-18-2006, 08:43 PM
awesome.. good luck and keep us updated! :)

Scott