PDA

View Full Version : Tuscon banded needs help.

strikedistance
09-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Hey guys as you knowi just went to arizona and brought back a pair of bandeds. Well what i didn't say is the female was clipped by a car. It didn't look that bad when i found her but when i looked closly i found out that her bottom jar is broken bad. She can lick and open it a little but can eat. Is there anything i can do except wait it out and try and feed her in a week. I really hope she can make it. The male is doing perfect in my 40 gallon natural desert tank.

Please help. I had a bad experience with my first tuscon banded and i dont want to loose another.

GoldenGateGeckos
09-07-2006, 12:03 PM
See if she can lick some baby food from a dropper to sustain her until her jaw heals... hopefully it will!

Brian
09-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Wouldn't a high phosporus baby good be bad for a healing jaw?

GoldenGateGeckos
09-08-2006, 07:25 PM
I would say a diet high in Calcium would be preferred over Phosphorous. You can ask a vet to prescribe you some NeoCalglucon (liquid calcium) as well.

miss libby
09-09-2006, 03:24 AM
I have some of the NeoCalglucon (liquid calcium). In fact i have
the whole perscription still i never got to use it when i took my
baby leo to the vet and it died. I used it once with my ginger
because she has mbd. I just dropped 1 drip of it on her nose
and she licked it off. Your more then welcome to have some
if you think it will help.

sarahjane85
09-09-2006, 04:27 PM
When one of my leopard geckos had a fractured lower jaw, I gave him Hydrolife and also used the hydrolife dropper to feed him chix/butternut squash baby food w/ reptivite & lot's of calcium mixed --- although it does take some coaxing time and he did really great, healed completely in about 2 weeks. I then fed him softbodied feeders - waxworms and silkworms - for another week.
Make sure you straighten out the jaw (if she'll let you).
Hope she survives the trauma.

strikedistance
09-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Thanks for your guys help. She seems to be doing better. Ill update you all with the progress.