PDA

View Full Version : NUU ANAS vs. "SUPER ANAS"

Scott F
09-12-2006, 09:06 PM
hi everybody, im new to the forum. i own a grande terre and i want to get one of the smaller, more colorful morphs. i am having a hard time deciding to get an ana, super ana, or ami. i have all the rhac books, but would appreciate it if some of you guys could post some pics of your adult specimens. this way i can get a true representation of the animals. a lot of times the books only show the creme of the crop. pics of super anas would be great. thanks for the help.

herperboy
09-13-2006, 06:48 PM
I have no idea what a super ana is.

Preston Cook
09-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Finding a Super Ana will be hard, I would say get a Nuu Ami they are very colorfull. If your going for super ana I would consider looking for a "snow flake" I think there both very rare.

D Healey
09-15-2006, 01:54 AM
I would pm Nathan as i think he has one left :D otherwise i would check out fatflatlizards.com or it may be flatfatlizards.com he is working with some nice Nuu Ana and all super anas are is select Nuu Ana pairings.

Stickytoe
09-15-2006, 03:21 PM
If I remember correctly, Phillipe De Vosjoli had a couple up for sale about a month ago (giantgeckos.com)

Scott F
09-15-2006, 07:06 PM
vosjoli has all three available right now, but not sure on what to get.thats why i was hoping on some feedback from people who have many morps to post some pics or tell me at least there favorite from experience.if the small size factor isnt outweighted by extreme coloration then maybe ill get an isle e, or maybe a hybrid.
ive never seen one of the smaller morps in person, i know the measurements, but cant really picture the overall size of these guys. for those of you that have them, do you think their pretty enough to justify going with a smaller leachy........ the novelty of owning leaches is in part because there giants.

brandon f.
09-15-2006, 07:42 PM
doom,

i have a pair of nuu ana's that came from giantgeckos about 3 years ago..i don't know you, or your taste, but i love my nuu ana's i have a friend with 1.1 isle e's and personally i like my quite a bit more.....they have more pink color to them. as far as the size difference, my male weighs about 180 grams, thats a pretty big gecko. i think the real size difference comes into play when you get into the grand terra leachies. i think you would be happy with the ana's. but thats just my .02.

Scott F
09-16-2006, 01:00 PM
thanks brandon, thats pretty helpful. thats the type of feedback i was looking for. if its not too much trouble, id really appreciate it if you could snap a couple pics of your pair. thanks. come on guys, anybody have anything else to add.

brandon f.
09-16-2006, 02:01 PM
sure i'll get some pics this evening or tomorrow.....