PDA

View Full Version : Lygodactylus lutopicturatus

varanidfan
09-27-2006, 08:59 AM
anybody have any basic care tips for Lygodactylus species? Im thinking about picking some up, wondering if anybody had any tips. I was going to set them up kind of like phelsuma.
input is appreciated.
thanks
scott

Lygodactylus
09-27-2006, 11:06 AM
They will do well in an enclosure with a Phelsuma set up, but I think they, more than Phelsuma sp., live on stems of trees, so an enclosure with a lot of stems and the back- and side walls covered by cork or something like that is also possible (and maybe more natural)

geckomaster
09-27-2006, 11:29 AM
My setup is quite basic. Eco-earth on the bottom and a big ol leafy plant in the middle with a uv basking lamp. They spend almost all of their time on the big leaves basking, or sleeping at night. I try to mist regularly, but they have seemed tolerant to those days when I've forgot. They are super fast, and I've had one escape on me twice now, so keep that in mind. I have mine housed with mourning geckos without issue, but not sure how they would interact with others. Good luck as they're quite fun to work with.

Mark

varanidfan
09-27-2006, 05:19 PM
cool deal, thanks guys. I wonder how they would do with viper geckos? being that they are arboreal and the viper gex are terrestrial (for the most part) Doesnt matter as i have an extra exoterra cage for them.
thanks for the tips, they are very appreciated.
thanks
scott

Lygodactylus
09-27-2006, 05:37 PM
I think the combination with vipers is not a good one when you take the RH into account. Lygodactylus need a higher RH than the vipers.

varanidfan
09-27-2006, 05:39 PM
yeah, good point. exo-terra it is!
thanks