PDA

View Full Version : help me with my rescue mission!!!

-becca-
10-04-2006, 07:58 PM
alrighty folks. at my local petshop they got in some new tokays. all they fed them were pinkies. JUST PINKIES!! :roll: they took the sicky to the back to nurse it back by... guess what... feeding it more pinkies. its disgusting. im thinking of purchasing it and possibly housing it in a 20 gallon just so it will not suffer a long harsh death; first of all:

the cage might be mesh. is that okay, seeing i have a humid room as is?...and i will probably put a backing to it to hold in more moisture.

secondly: how would i go about recuscitating this poor thing back to health and normal behaviour. its skinny, sickly, lethargic, and wont eat anything but pinkies....thats what they said anyways. like... crickets are the staple in their diets right? thats what i heard.

help would be appreciated! please and thanks

-becca-
10-05-2006, 09:14 AM
hello... some help would be niiiice.. o_o;

AWL Reptiles
10-05-2006, 10:42 AM
If you buy him, the one thing you do is to support their bussines.
It's a shame, I know, but that's the thing.

jimski427
10-05-2006, 03:17 PM
why dont you just talk to the people and tell them they eat more than pinkies... and if they say " it wont eat them " tell them to wait a week or 2... and let it get hungry... and then try crix...

Starrynightexotics
10-05-2006, 04:09 PM
If you buy it, and it would be the nice thing to do, be prepared for its eventual demise. The problem with geckos that look sick is the fact that they are so sick they probably wont make it. They tend not to show alot of signs until its too late.

That said, if you do buy it, the set up youre describing sounds fine to me, Id perhaps add a backing to two sides of the cage as well as the back to retain more moisture. If its a large tokay, you might have better luck inducing it to feed with large roaches, crickets should be fine however. If you get it, try to feed and get no response, Id remove the insects until the next day, try again, rinse and repeat until it does feed.

Good luck, but be aware that the animal may be beyond saving before you invest in it.

-becca-
10-05-2006, 08:46 PM
why dont you just talk to the people and tell them they eat more than pinkies... and if they say " it wont eat them " tell them to wait a week or 2... and let it get hungry... and then try crix...

the prob with that is that they wont listen to a random customer.