PDA

View Full Version : New Chewy!!

Dragonflames81
10-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Got this guy yesterday from a fellow breeder in Ohio. Eileen thank you so much for this guy. Hes a mainland form and hes 4 years old. Hes from Tim tytles line of chewys and hes perfect in every way. Hes 4 years old and 40 grams but I'll get him bigger then that. This guys babies are outstanding looking as he is when hes colored up. Notice all the red in him even though the pic sucks. I wanted to get more pics but he had been in a car all day long so I just shot off one and let him be. This is my first one of these guys, and I never had any idea of how fast they can be. thanks for looking.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/Dragonflames81/chewy1.jpg

Silabiss
11-13-2006, 03:14 AM
I miss this guy, at a show i played with him for a bit and once he settled down he was really cool. To bad i never have time to play with them in the lab

Dragonflames81
11-13-2006, 11:53 AM
its taking me a little longer then I expected for him to take to the diet but hes coming around slowly. I"ve been hand feeding it to him right now cause otherwise he wont touch it. Its funny I pick him and he just sits there licking it out of the cup. I'm still amazed at how quick this guy can move and jump. Hes faster then any crested or gargoyle I have ever owned.

Silabiss
11-13-2006, 02:28 PM
we feed pretty much baby food exclusively in the lab. i was playing with his babies today ( im pretty sure they are his, i'll check the tags tomorrow ) what are you feeding him now? and he is fast, but wasnt handled to much. eileen tells me i need to play with them more so they can get used to being handled.

Dragonflames81
11-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Im working on the trex peach nectar. hes eating but like I said only when I give it to him. Crickets he hasn't seemed to interested in either but I"m gonna try again tomorrow and see how he does with them. he calms down pretty well after a minute or so.

Joe Farah
11-13-2006, 11:38 PM
That guy is really incredible! What kind of stuff do these things live on in the wild that makes them such beautiful red and greens? Are they on mossy trees or rocks with lichens or something?

Preston Cook
11-14-2006, 01:16 AM
Mossy trees would be the answer. Hence there common name Mossy Prehensile Tailed Gecko.