PDA

View Full Version : Lobster Roaches

rogerbird78
01-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Hi,

Are lobster roaches good for Cat Gecko's?

Thanks.

Roger.

kenya_1977
01-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Yes, I've used them some. As far as body softness they are about right. I typically use lateralis though. I'm always careful when I use lobsters. Make sure you're checking the cage before putting more in. They are really bad at hiding and may never be eaten.

Riverside Reptiles
01-16-2007, 06:49 PM
I use mostly lateralis as well.

sarahjane85
01-16-2007, 10:19 PM
I use lobster roaches but will soon be switching over to lateralis b/c they're non-climbers. Currently, I pinch front legs and alternating middle and hind legs to reduce climbing and the cat geckos wait and watch for them right after misting. I've noticed an improvement in weight/general health after I stopped feeding crickets. I use to alternate feedings just to vary their diet but the crickets usually just end up in the pools of water and drown. :roll:

Sarah.

crestedtimm
08-28-2007, 11:48 PM
Yes, I will vouch for the power of the roach, as the best crested I have in terms of muscle tone and general body weight has a colony of lobsters living and producing in his ten gal, and since I dont breed females in that cage, I dont worry about eggs being eaten. Sorta happened on accident, but it worked out great. Im very much an advocate for compatible inverts in my cages, its just natural. also, I have had zero success keeping jv felinus alive, which is my reason for replying, some specifics on temp,caging, would be more than appreciated. Thanks in advance