PDA

View Full Version : my leachie

toolfan90
01-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Hey, im new to the forums, but ive posted on other forums

im getting a Leachie as soon as shipping weather comes around, (already sent payment)

ive read caresheets out the wazoo, but i wanted peoples opinions on the little giants

ive been keeping Rhacs for nearly a year, and all my geckos are happy and healthy, so any pointers for a leachie newb?

kozmo
01-25-2007, 03:33 PM
how old will it be?

people tend to rush their leachi's into large enclosures and they just don't do that well at a young age to be in a large enclosure, in fact, most people raise juvies in large kritter keepers until it is obvious that they are too large for it, they seem to feel more secure and they eat better too, when they outgrow the kritter keeper they can be upgraded into a 10g-20g enclosure and raised some more and eventually transferred into an enclosure of appropriate size for adults.

leachis tend to eat well on the leachianus MRP diet and i would recommend getting it eating the MRP diets right away, it is a healthy and balanced diet, you can also feed crickets or roaches whatever you prefer, but i personally would advise you to feed it the MRP regularly.

i mist all of my rhac's once daily pretty well and during the winter they are fed every 2-3 days, in summer they are fed every other day, i find this system works quite well since they are cooled off in winter and dont eat as much, in spring i start to feed them more often and prepare them for breeding.

hope that helps!

toolfan90
01-27-2007, 06:15 PM
he will be 6-7 months, depending on when he comes to my house

thanks for the info. :D