PDA

View Full Version : New, enthusiastic and clueless in the UK :)

Sara-Jayne
03-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Hey! I've found a forum at last!

I'm in Hampshire, UK and I'm desperate to find a Crested Gecko Breeder - someone who LOVES them as opposed to someone who's just trying to sell them! I thought this would be the best place to find that breeder, and so if anyone can point me in the correct direction, I'd be so delighted!

I don't have any reptiles at the moment, just two Siberian Huskies, although I've read, and read, and read, and.... (you get the picture) about Crested Geckos and this weekend I'm off to buy my exo-terra in the hope that I *will* find my Gecko.... soon!

As I'll only have one (I'd like more reptiles in the future but I'm getting married in 2008 and more of my family are prepared to care for one gecko than many reptiles) I'm wondering what size would be best for them - I'm going to buy the largest one, the 60 x 45 x 60 I think it was, and create the most natural habitat I can for it.

I've had alot of conflicting advice from the two pet stores I've been to and so am reluctant to buy from either - hence my search for a breeder instead.

I'd love any help, suggestions or advice - I can't wait to get started! :)

Riverside Reptiles
03-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Hi Sara, welcome to the forums (and geckos). :D

Check out the crested geckos section for answers to your questions. And check out the classifieds section for cresteds for sale. You're also welcome to post a "crested gecko wanted" ad in the classifieds.

Again, welcome and good luck!

Sara-Jayne
03-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Hi Ethan,

Thank you for such a welcoming note! :) I clicked your site link and look forward to seeing your site up and running, I love looking at other people's reptiles.

I'd love a leaf-tailed gecko in the future, so I'm looking forward to seeing your offspring!

Have a great day,

Sara-Jayne

ryan
05-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Hi Sara
there are a few of us on here that breed and keep cresteds in the uk!
im sure someone will pop up and let you know what we have. I unfortunately sold my last ones today but will have more very soon!
take a look at my site for updates!
ryan