PDA

View Full Version : Xanthic pictus

Mez
04-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Hi guys.
A couple of months ago i bought a pair of pictus geckos. I paid over the normal price for them but this was due to the male supposedly being xanthic. Well, after showing lots of photos to lots of people and looking at photos on the net, im a bit sceptical..The pair of geckos came from a well-known UK breeder with a good reputation....
I did contact the breeder about this about a week after allowing the gecko to settle down etc, and they said that when it left the house it was a lovley cream/white colour.
She said i should try upping the temperatues, so he has a hotspot of 90*F with an obvious gradient to the cool end..
Hides are aplenty, gecko is feeding and growing well, and is in perfect health and condition...however, i am having difficulties believing he is xanthic. Here is a photo:
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t72/james_meehan/pictusagain002.jpg
Any opinions and replies would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
James
edit: photo taken with no flash, and you can see he is just coming out of shed, but those are his usual colours.

Mez
04-23-2007, 09:06 PM
anyone?

brandon f.
04-23-2007, 09:30 PM
it's really hard to say from that pic......

ryan
04-24-2007, 05:55 AM
Is this the LW?
typical of them over charging if it is??

Mez
04-24-2007, 11:01 AM
Yeah it is from the LW...I will try and get a better photo but he never keeps still.
James

Geckoworld
05-01-2007, 03:02 PM
I would confidently say that is NOT an xanthic. I would honestly have a word with them 2 (P & S) as that is a con.

captivebred
05-06-2007, 05:10 PM
I agree with Ray, that is NOT a xanthic.