PDA

View Full Version : Thin baby Leachie...

Smith710
05-08-2007, 10:06 PM
A friend of mine just got a baby, supposedly Grand Terra, Leachie. It looks like it is just only thin, but there may be something else wrong with it. It is only 4 grams and maybe 3-4 inches long. I have it right now and am trying to care for it the best I can... I'm just curious if anybody else has any good advice. As of now I'm hand feeding him CGD with a little extra calcium, but it's not eating too much, I'm going to try a little baby food mixed in. I'm going to try a little jump start, and I'm keeping him nice and warm... but not too warm. They didn't feed it much CGD or any of the diets, they did baby food mixed with calcium. It looks really thin and has a pretty bad zig zag tail, I know leachie babies have a zig zag tail sometimes and it's not a big deal, but it's like bent. Any other suggestions as to how to get him to eat ALOT more. I have a baby Island E Leachie right now and all he will eat is baby food or diet, but he's eating good and getting nice a chunky. He just is not interested in any living things.

luc
05-09-2007, 07:42 AM
You could try handfeeding him some fruityoghurt and/or waxworms, this has worked for me to get difficult leachie babys started.

Smith710
05-09-2007, 02:35 PM
I got him to eat a bunch of diet last night. He kept licking it off a little spoon for a while. So I'm happy about that. I'm just going to keep trying this every night. I'll try wax worms as well, since they are nice and fatty. Has anybody ever tried cut up pinky mice?

luc
05-09-2007, 05:54 PM
I have tried cut up pinkies and it works for some of my leachies others don't want them. You should keep hand feeding him cgd if he starts eating more, but I have to say that some difficult leachie baby's might need up to 6 months of handfeeding before they get started. This also seams to be happening more with GT's then with henkeli's.

Smith710
05-09-2007, 10:40 PM
Ok, well I'm willing to keep hand feeding him and everything as long as I can get him back where he needs to be. I would hate to see something this awesome die because the person had no idea what they were doing.

Smith710
05-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Also, I don't think so much that this is a diffucult Leachie in terms of it not eating, I don't think the previous owner was taking the right care of it. I got this little Leachie to eat alot of diet last night by hand feeding, so I really don't think he's not eating so much, I just think the people had no idea whatsoever.