PDA

View Full Version : From one geek to another...MOD suggestions...

chahoua
05-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Nathan,

I've noticed that you have some swanky, and handy phpbb mods on the forums. An example of one I like a lot is the "mark all topics as read" mod. I would like to suggest a few more. Maybe some other forum members could chime in and let us know whether they would find any of these useful or not. I'm not expecting you to give your rubber stamp to all of them, but figured it couldn't hurt to make the suggestions.

Suggested mod1:
"mark pms unread" - Gives those forgetful members (namely myself) the ability to mark a PM that we have already read as unread, so we (I) don't forget to reply.

Suggested mod2:
"phpBB GTalk (Google Talk) Support" - I don't know how many members use Google Talk, but it's by far my favorite IM client. It doesn't have all the advertisements and, for lack of a better term, busyness, that a lot of other IM clients like AOL and MSN Messenger have. It's nice, clean and simple. If a lot of other forum members use Google Talk, it may be worthwhile.

Suggested mod3:
"RSS Syndication mod" or "Smartfeed" - I'm not sure which mod is better, but for those of us that use RSS aggregators or clients, I think it would be sweet to be able to pick feeds for the specific forms that we frequent the most. If you had this mod, I would have gecko forums on my desktop RSS client all the time! :)

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Aaron