PDA

View Full Version : Rhacos and yogurt?

Sabol
05-31-2007, 10:42 AM
I over heard some people talking about feeding rhacodatylus yogurt mixed with crested geckos diet it.. has anyone done this and are there any problems .. isn't it hard on digestion and diaerrha..
thanks
Sabol

chuckpowell
05-31-2007, 11:26 AM
Sabol,

I'd done this for over a year with excellent results. The egg production nearly doubled last year. I don't give it often feeding mostly crickets and remove it after a day as the yogurt can go bad. My morning geckos love it also. I also mix in some vitamins and bee pollen.

Best,

Chuck

I over heard some people talking about feeding rhacodatylus yogurt mixed with crested geckos diet it.. has anyone done this and are there any problems .. isn't it hard on digestion and diaerrha..
thanks
Sabol

Ken Bartenfeld
05-31-2007, 12:26 PM
Any ideas why the egg production would double, Chuck? How is the bee pollen beneficial?

Thanks

Sabol
05-31-2007, 01:16 PM
any certin type of yogurt? and any flavors..
thanks.

chuckpowell
05-31-2007, 09:12 PM
I use whatever is available in the refrig and its usually flavored. The yogurt has lots of calcium and that makes for stronger eggs, but it may not have a direct effect on the number of eggs, it might just have been they matured, but there was a distinct increase. I heard bee pollen is benificial but no idea why. The mix works so I keep using it.

Best,

Chuck

DDReptiles
05-31-2007, 11:16 PM
I used to use Plain Yougert with my goyles, just to add a little more fat to their diet.

Palex134
05-31-2007, 11:25 PM
I use plain yogurt mixed in with clarks or DGD sometimes for my rhacs and Phelsuma. Also, the geckolepis love it.

luc
06-01-2007, 02:16 AM
I have used peach and banana flavoured yoghurt with good result for handfeeding difficult leachianus babys. But it might contain to much fat to use it in the longterm.